• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Sunward King Tut pyramid

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donaldsrockets

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I know this might be a long shot but if anyone has a Sunward King Tut pyramid kit that they'd like to part with, I'd be interested. This was always one of my absolute favorite oddrocs and it's one I almost wish I didn't sell when I sold off my entire rocket collection 3 years ago. I know this kit has been OOP for some time now.

Hi everyone

I know this might be a long shot but if anyone has a Sunward King Tut pyramid kit that they'd like to part with, I'd be interested. This was always one of my absolute favorite oddrocs and it's one I almost wish I didn't sell when I sold off my entire rocket collection 3 years ago. I know this kit has been OOP for some time now.

I see them occasionally on ebay.

Someone had a couple on Facebook either everdon rocketry or Ollie oop rocketry.
Was few months ago

I rarely disparage people online but I feel compelled. Sunward Aerospace copied my kits and sold nearly exact replicas. I called them out, not asking for anything monetary, but simply to "cite" me in their designs. They refused...and it was very lame. I designed and sold those kits in 2003 through about 2006. They or maybe one person copied them when I was in grad school around 2007-2009. Anyway I am happy to send you instructions for all the kits, 3, 6 and 9 inch models. Contact me via a private message and I am happy to help. Those are awesome rockets and great fun to fly.

I rarely disparage people online but I feel compelled. Sunward Aerospace copied my kits and sold nearly exact replicas. I called them out, not asking for anything monetary, but simply to "cite" me in their designs. They refused...and it was very lame. I designed and sold those kits in 2003 through about 2006. They or maybe one person copied them when I was in grad school around 2007-2009. Anyway I am happy to send you instructions for all the kits, 3, 6 and 9 inch models. Contact me via a private message and I am happy to help. Those are awesome rockets and great fun to fly.

Was it the 9" that you flew at Red Glare? It was excellent!

Sorry to hear that happened. I thought they looked similar. Your kits looked like awesome fliers and do you think you'll ever be able to resume production of these?

Sorry to hear that happened. I thought they looked similar. Your kits looked like awesome fliers and do you think you'll ever be able to resume production of these?
Thank you! It is doubtful I would ever resume production. It was a lot of work being a vendor, and I am likely going to scale-back even my most recent return to the hobby given life and family duties. I reached out to LOC Precision on designing some for them to manufacture. They are also swamped with work too and that seems unlikely. If you know a kit manufacturer that might be interested, I am happy to share designs and thoughts etc. The kits I made were all precision laser-cut which was really nice. Everything just fit together and the build was much smoother than my hand-cut prototypes.

I wanted to clarify something. There were other Pyramid kits or maybe just plans being sold in 2003-2005 that were legitimate and innovative competition to the Pyramid kits I was manufacturing. I believe they were Art Applewhite's and my post was not directed at him. I was *only* upset over the Sunward kits since they were nearly exact copies of my kits, right down to the sizes and "mistakes" I made.

Back