Sunward Hobbies order issue

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Martin

"That guy in the hall building a rocket"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My grandmother ordered me a CTI 38mm starter set from Sunward Hobbies last month (24th) and while they have processed the payment (26th), they have not shipped it or responded to any emails. This was meant to be a Christmas present but seeing as I have still not received it a month later it won't be anymore.

What is a good way to contact them to fix this issue?

Attached is the order number and date.Screenshot_20181221-203607_Messages.jpeg

Last edited:
They should be. Angelo posts here quite often..

He goes by 'Sunward' send him a PM.. (And he is Canadian, and it is a Canadian business.. that might be an issue..)

Sunward is very legit - and honorable. I have placed several orders and they always deliver - My most recent order was in November and took about 3-weeks to get to me here in Wisconsin.

They are in located in Canada, and your order may take a bit longer to cross the border.

Their contact info is easily available.

Angelo Castellano
Sunward Group Limited
Sunward Hobbies
[email protected]
416-953-1847
www.facebook.com/sunwardrockets
www.google.com/+SunwardHobbiesToronto

Oh yeah - one more thing - Grandma got a good deal on the starter set!!

They should be. Angelo posts here quite often..

He goes by 'Sunward' send him a PM.. (And he is Canadian, and it is a Canadian business.. that might be an issue..)
Being Canadian doesn't excuse not responding to emails and not updating on a $100 order. Nowhere did it say that shipping motor casings to the United States would be an issue.

Note: This sounds a bit sassy but is not meant as such.

Last edited:
Sunward is very legit - and honorable. I have placed several orders and they always deliver - My most recent order was in November and took about 3-weeks to get to me here in Wisconsin.

They are in located in Canada, and your order may take a bit longer to cross the border.

Their contact info is easily available.

Angelo Castellano
Sunward Group Limited
Sunward Hobbies
[email protected]
416-953-1847
www.facebook.com/sunwardrockets
www.google.com/+SunwardHobbiesToronto
The issue is that they didn't respond to emails and it's been a month since the payment was taken from her account. She stated that she emailed them multiple times and there have not been any responses or updates on the order.

I have had lots of transactions with Angelo and if he is not delivering there is a reason. I have never been short changed and I do not expect that this is anything other than a miscommunication.

I have had lots of transactions with Angelo and if he is not delivering there is a reason. I have never been short changed and I do not expect that this is anything other than a miscommunication.
I'm not accusing him of scamming or anything like that, I know the brand very well and it's reputable. The only issue I have is that the money was processed and taken out of the account but there have not been any updates towards the order and no responses to my grandmother's emails.

hello all

Sorry the email was received and responded to.

Yes the payment was processed. As stated in the sales posts and email blasts, there is an shortage of some parts of the Pro38 hardware and shipments would be delayed. CTI is still waiting for parts and as a result I can't fill the order.

As for being legit, yes we are, We have our address and phone number posted on the website and you can readily reach us. As for being in Canada that would not be an issue. We ship worldwide. We use UPS, Canada Post, and USPS. We do have phones and email.

hello all

Yes the payment was processed. As stated in the sales posts and email blasts, there is an shortage of some parts of the Pro38 hardware and shipments would be delayed. CTI is still waiting for parts and as a result I can't fill the order.

As for being legit, yes we are, We have our address and phone number posted on the website and you can readily reach us. As for being in Canada that would not be an issue. We ship worldwide. We use UPS, Canada Post, and USPS. We do have phones and email.

What's the estimate for when the order will be fulfilled? It's been a month but I'm not sure how many others are waiting for the same product. Not sure why my grandmother is saying that the only email she received was the payment confirmation, but I'll have to double check with her. I apologize for questioning your legitimacy, that wasn't my goal in this post.

as it is the holidays, nothing will be done until January. A few others are waiting but they all know there will be a delay on Pro38 hardware. Sorry, I don't have firm date as of now as it is up to CTI.

Apology not needed.

hello all

It was a bit misleading (still is) due to it not being stated in the product description. It appears that if I were to order it today, it should be fulfilled shortly.
https://www.sunwardhobbies.ca/cti-pro38-hardware-starter-kit/

Like right now I can order it from your website for $108 and nowhere through the process does it say that there's a delay in the part availability.

It was a bit misleading (still is) due to it not being stated in the product description. It appears that if I were to order it today, it should be fulfilled shortly.
https://www.sunwardhobbies.ca/cti-pro38-hardware-starter-kit/

Like right now I can order it from your website for $108 and nowhere through the process does it say that there's a delay in the part availability.
A slow time for hardware sales so it really wasn't needed.

As for posts,
https://www.sunward1.com/content/sunward-rocketry-2018-black-friday-sale/
https://www.sunwardhobbies.ca/content/sunward-hobbies-2018-black-friday-sale/
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/sunward-2018-black-friday-sale.149441/
and a few other sites.

So it would be delayed even if it was not purchased from the Black Friday sale? I understand it's a low sale time, but nowhere during the purchase process does it state that there's a shortage of parts. Hence why I am saying it's a bit misleading. (Talking about purchasing from website right now, not the BF sale)

So it would be delayed even if it was not purchased from the Black Friday sale? I understand it's a low sale time, but nowhere during the purchase process does it state that there's a shortage of parts. Hence why I am saying it's a bit misleading. (Talking about purchasing from website right now, not the BF sale)
no one is buying hardware right now. If they do, then I would let them know.

I'm not accusing him of scamming or anything like that, I know the brand very well and it's reputable. The only issue I have is that the money was processed and taken out of the account but there have not been any updates towards the order and no responses to my grandmother's emails.

If you know the brand well and that it’s reputable, why would you start a thread with a title that questions the legitimacy?

I've purchased from Sunward several times. I know there are hardware and motor shortages sometimes. I just send an email and check on availability.
I've never experienced any delays in getting a response. Angelo is on his game as far as I am concerned.

If you know the brand well and that it’s reputable, why would you start a thread with a title that questions the legitimacy?

I think the brand the op is referring to I CTI. I think this is another example of a new guy trying to figure out the intricacies of vendor communications in our hobby world. FWIW I don’t like to engage in vendor conversations in an open forum. Too many chances to get sideways. I hope Angelo provided the info you’re looking for.

I've seen imitation websites so I started the thread to make sure that the place that i purchased it from was correct. My grandmother said that she never received any responses so that made me question if it was legitimate. After the responses on this thread and talking to sunward my concerns were resolved and I now understand the situation around the issue. Still does not excuse not having anything on the website that says it will be delayed (besides the BF forum) and not keeping my grandmother upgraded.

I think the brand the op is referring to I CTI. I think this is another example of a new guy trying to figure out the intricacies of vendor communications in our hobby world. FWIW I don’t like to engage in vendor conversations in an open forum. Too many chances to get sideways. I hope Angelo provided the info you’re looking for.
It was just confusing due to me not knowing that there is hardware slowdowns at certain points in the year. This is my first hardware kit and I was under the impression that it would be fulfilled within a few weeks. That was my mistake but my grandmother was kept in the dark during the situation due to it not stating there's a delay on the website. She wasn't aware of the shortage and thought she got scammed when her emails were not being responded to. The issue is mostly resolved now with Sunward responding and clearing up the delay. It will be delayed until next month sometime, might end up just getting a refund and buying a kit from a local vendor for a few more bucks.

... Still does not excuse not having anything on the website that says it will be delayed (besides the BF forum) and not keeping my grandmother upgraded.
As I stated, it is a slow time of the year. I posted the delay with the Black Friday sale posts on 3 forums, 2 websites, and other sites.

... when her emails were not being responded to....
I checked. There was one email and I did respond to it. Sometimes emails are sent to junk folder or just missed.

... might end up just getting a refund and buying a kit from a local vendor for a few more bucks.
Just ask and I will refund in full.

As I stated, it is a slow time of the year. I posted the delay with the Black Friday sale posts on 3 forums, 2 websites, and other sites.

I checked. There was one email and I did respond to it. Sometimes emails are sent to junk folder or just missed.

Just ask and I will refund in full.
Appreciate your response. Guess it just boils down to miscommunication. Not sure why she didn't receive the reply but it could have just been sent to spam like you stated. Vendor sold the last of his this month and will not get any until May, so I will wait it out on the good deal you offered. This thread got a lot more negative attention than I intended it to, mostly caused by the title that I can't edit.

A local dealer that I contacted expressed the issue with CTI and the difficultly of getting hardware. I now understand the struggles that Sunward goes through and do not hold them responsible for any of the delays. Tough time for hardware at the cost of the consumers and dealers.

Rocket vendors are not Amazon. That’s a good thing. Amazon does not show up to launches. Understand that buying rocket stuff online is not microwaving a burrito. You will not get it in a minute twenty.

Rocket vendors are not Amazon. That’s a good thing. Amazon does not show up to launches. Understand that buying rocket stuff online is not microwaving a burrito. You will not get it in a minute twenty.
I've had good luck getting motors online such as the I180W. I wasn't aware of all the hardware shortages currently but now it makes sense. I typically try to support local vendors but my main launch site does not have one and the other site that does only launches once per month (often cancelled). Plus that vendor does not have any casings due to this shortage, so that would not make much of a difference. Just comes down to a misunderstanding about hardware availability in this current marketplace, glad to see Sunward respond quickly and resolve the misunderstanding. If buying rocket stuff was like microwaving a burrito I would have been broke a long time ago.

PS: Some people call Apogee the Amazon of rocketry components. I don't quite see them at that level as they lack a lot of components and of course they don't have free two day shipping for members. [emoji39]

Rocketry vendors aren’t Amazon, but it’s also not fair to expect Christmas shopping grandmas to read TRF or check the current state of CTI backorders or know that “it’s a slow time of year” so vendors aren’t keeping their stock status updated (wait that’s a thing?).

If you have an online storefront and you charge people’s accounts, they are going to expect their stuff reasonably promptly or a very clear explanation as to why their stuff is delayed. If an ordered part is back ordered and it’s not made explicit on the product webpage (not on TRF), it kind of sucks if the vendor doesn’t tell you (but happily accepts your payment).

How did we get to the point where the grandma who is wondering what happened to her hundred bucks for a couple weeks is the bad guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back