Sunward Eruption

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peter_stanley

Reaction score
I didn't do a build thread of this here (there is quite a bit on my site), but here's the finished product of a Dr. Rockzo (of Metalocalypse) themed Eruption.

I flew it yesterday on B6-4s, but one of the igniters fell out before lighting the motor. Flight was fine but it cocked over a little after leaving the rod.

P6220040.jpg

P6210022.jpg

P6220027.jpg

P6220037.jpg

P6220039.jpg

I didn't do a build thread of this here (there is quite a bit on my site), but here's the finished product of a Dr. Rockzo (of Metalocalypse) themed Eruption.

I flew it yesterday on B6-4s, but one of the igniters fell out before lighting the motor. Flight was fine but it cocked over a little after leaving the rod.

Good theme based rocket finish.

Nick

I have one as well. I really recommend the new Quest long burn C motors for it. I also recommend the new Quest ignitors to get ii lit. They work great for clusters.

I have one as well. I really recommend the new Quest long burn C motors for it. I also recommend the new Quest ignitors to get ii lit. They work great for clusters.
I actually was using the new Quest igniters, and they all lit fine. I think I just didn't have them secured well enough, and one pulled out before lighting the motor. I'll secure them better the next time. I do want to try some of the new Quest C motors.

This is just great! The straws are too funny. You have to know Dr Rockzo to get it.

"My name is Dr. Rockzo...the rock and rock clown"

Phred

Nice lookin rocket! I just might have to get one for my fleet and my wife will reply with :bangpan:. :y:

by the way...........what are the straws on the bottom of the rocket for? :confused2:

YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAH!!! That rocket looks sweet!!! Where did you get the stickers(?) for the fins?? That rocket really made me smile:) Now you've got me thinking on a deathklok rocket...Great inspiration!!! Nice pics, too! You caught that one with both motors lit beautifully!!!

Thas a great looking rocket and thanks for the pictures and video :)
Cheers
fred

YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAH!!! That rocket looks sweet!!! Where did you get the stickers(?) for the fins?? That rocket really made me smile:) Now you've got me thinking on a deathklok rocket...Great inspiration!!! Nice pics, too! You caught that one with both motors lit beautifully!!!
Thanks, yeah a dethklok rocket would be awesome. For the stickers I just used Staples brand white sticker paper, and printed with my inkjet printer. I sprayed some clear acrylic afterwards to protect them.

Dr. Rockzo? Deathklok? Where on earth do you people find this, ummm, stuff? <shaking head> :rolleyes: :p (....and why?)

Nice rocket though, Peter. :cool:

MarkII

Back