Sunday launch with Elapid (Rob)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketbboy

Reaction score
Hey all, Another great day at the field!! Very little wind!! But the ground was a little soggy. I flew 11 flights on sunday.
The first was a modified Alpha (drag racer ) I got the CG on this bird wrong...first and only flight... It left the pad straight for about 30' then it did a 2-1/2 gainer..flopped to the ground and then popped the chute. No harm done...back to the work bench.

I tried two attemps for my bronze Nartrek cert for 30 second streamer on a b size motor.. I used my Navaho AGM without the first stage. On the B6-4 I got 23 seconds, on a B4-4 i got 24 seconds... I guess I will have to use a lighter rocket HEHE

I launched an Estes Heatseeker four times on a variety of motors, they were all successful. This is a fun little rocket.

Next a couple of flights for the Big Daddy both on a E9-4.

I flew my Navaho on a B6-0/B4-4 for a great dual stage flight. Perfect flight rocket landed about 100 yards from the pad...cool!

Last flight of the day for me was a ARF Quest Skydive on a C6-5. This was the 12th flight for this rocket. I am attempting to launch this rocket 100 times...so far it seems to be holding its own. I t flys well on a C6-5.

My friend Kip and his son joined us and they each got a taste of drag racing. Kip's son Camron also flew an older Estes ARF rocket, I don't know the name of it but it had at least 5 good flights.

It was a great day, I should have brought the Baracuda...oh well next time.

CeeYaa Breck

Originally posted by RocketBBoy
I tried two attemps for my bronze Nartrek cert for 30 second streamer on a b size motor.. I used my Navaho AGM without the first stage. On the B6-4 I got 23 seconds, on a B4-4 i got 24 seconds... I guess I will have to use a lighter rocket HEHE

There was a thread recently in the LPR forum about NARTREK & competition rockets. Jim Flis suggested the FlisKits Midnight Express and/or Caution! rocket for streamer & chute duration. Plus, they are are a free download! I wouldn't be surprised if you could meet your goals with an A motor in both of those rockets they're so light... Just thought I'd let you know.

Nice flight report :)

if you want any help with that Alpha, let me know.
there wasn't enough time yesterday to go into it, really...
i was too busy trying to get that copperhead to light!
:rolleyes:
:D

Thanks Jim

My office will all be building a caution!! Maybe some Caution drag racing in our future. Hehe

Back