Summer Vacation Micro style

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I guys: Just got back from a week at Wallops Island, Assateague Island summer family vacation.
between sunning, playin in the pool and the Ocean, I did get a few minutes to come up with a couple Micro-Maxx Scale models. actually 6 proto types with three sizes for the Nike-Smoke, 7.1mm, T-3 (.375") and 10.5mm. all three powered by Micro Maxx II motors.
The other five models: a 10.5mm 1 : 36 scale Nike-Apache, 7.1mm Asp. 10.5mm 1:10 Arcas. 10.5mm Bullpup 12B, and my favorite of this trip a semi-scale Assateague Light House, with LED illumination for our upcoming Sept. Night Launch. The completed model LOWT with MM-II motor is 12grams, so she should fly pretty well, The 3/8" dia 3volt lithium cell give over 10 minutes of full 5000mcd yellow superbirght LED light so finding the model should be fairly easy on the 8" mylar chute.
Here's a photo of the lot, all unpainted except the Light house which a finished with Paint pens purchased on the island:)
I'll follow this up with a composite pic of the Light House construction page. This will be a one page plan in the micro max rockets yahoo group as soon a I make some finial changes and add the LED parts list.

Hi Micro,

Welcome back. Great pic...I particularly like the Lighthouse!

As it happens, we're reading a few books set on Chincoteaque and Assateague Islands to my five-year-old daughter. See any of the wild ponies on Assateague?

Anyway, welcome back,

Will Scarvie

Hi Will:
Yeap! quite a few, we were on Assateague friday after the pony's were give their annual swim. Several were still on Chincoteague awaiting shipment to their new homes. The tiny Seka Deer are also a really neat sight on Assateague island. OH! and Wallops Island Visitors center is open to the public daily 10am to 4 pm til labor day. Very neat place to spend the day.

Man you're a rocket building factory. They all look great and I'm sure will be perfect after you finish them!

Back