Sullivan Lake XXVIII (2021)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garlicsnapper

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey! Who's all planning on coming out to Sullivan Lake this year? What are you bringing to fly?

I'm planning on bringing out my entire high-power collection of course, including a fiberglass rocket that I call Higher Calling. She hasn't flown since Rock Lake 21 (2019). Once again, I plan on flying her with an AeroTech L1000W and hope to crack that 9,000 foot AGL altitude. I'll have a new Mobius 808 #32 video camera strapped on board to capture the entire flight. The launch two years ago on the L-motor was absolutely spectacular; I can't wait to repeat it!

I will be there, no idea if I can finish things in time, but hoping to get the LRA club project off, its a 4" minimum diameter Black Brant Vb. This flight will be the first since we hosted LDRS...

The grass is totally dead down here, so it will probably require a lot of fall rains to get a fire permit....

I will be there, no idea if I can finish things in time, but hoping to get the LRA club project off, its a 4" minimum diameter Black Brant Vb. This flight will be the first since we hosted LDRS...

The grass is totally dead down here, so it will probably require a lot of fall rains to get a fire permit....
I'm doing rain dances every morning 😆

I’m hoping for the primary site too. I know it’s going to be an uphill battle with our hot season this year.

Will either of you be there if it’s at the secondary launch site?

If that site is Hanna, yes I would come up for at least the Saturday, maybe a campover Friday night. Do you guys have landowner permission for camping?

Occasionally someone has set a cam at the pad, but I haven't seen it too much. I have set my phone under a G powered rocket and was pleasantly surprised with the results 🙂

Back