Sullivan Lake XXVIII (2021)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

garlicsnapper

Reaction score
Hey! Who's all planning on coming out to Sullivan Lake this year? What are you bringing to fly?

I'm planning on bringing out my entire high-power collection of course, including a fiberglass rocket that I call Higher Calling. She hasn't flown since Rock Lake 21 (2019). Once again, I plan on flying her with an AeroTech L1000W and hope to crack that 9,000 foot AGL altitude. I'll have a new Mobius 808 #32 video camera strapped on board to capture the entire flight. The launch two years ago on the L-motor was absolutely spectacular; I can't wait to repeat it!

ManiakMechanik

Reaction score
I'll be there. I'm going for my L3 with a J290 in a 4' LOC Zeus equipped with a camera as well. I'll be bringing as much as I can fit in the car.

Dipstick

Reaction score
I will be there, no idea if I can finish things in time, but hoping to get the LRA club project off, its a 4" minimum diameter Black Brant Vb. This flight will be the first since we hosted LDRS...

The grass is totally dead down here, so it will probably require a lot of fall rains to get a fire permit....

ManiakMechanik

Reaction score
I will be there, no idea if I can finish things in time, but hoping to get the LRA club project off, its a 4" minimum diameter Black Brant Vb. This flight will be the first since we hosted LDRS...

The grass is totally dead down here, so it will probably require a lot of fall rains to get a fire permit....
I'm doing rain dances every morning 😆

garlicsnapper

Reaction score
I’m hoping for the primary site too. I know it’s going to be an uphill battle with our hot season this year.

Will either of you be there if it’s at the secondary launch site?

Dipstick

Reaction score
If that site is Hanna, yes I would come up for at least the Saturday, maybe a campover Friday night. Do you guys have landowner permission for camping?

garlicsnapper

Reaction score
I don’t know if there is or not at the Hanna/Spondin site. I should look into it with Calgary Rocketry.

garlicsnapper

Reaction score
If that site is Hanna, yes I would come up for at least the Saturday, maybe a campover Friday night. Do you guys have landowner permission for camping?
I checked with Calgary Rocketry. There is no camping available at the Hanna/Spondin launch site.

garlicsnapper

Reaction score
I’m curious, does anyone do launch pad video camera (pad cam) work at the Sullivan Lake/Rock Lake launches?

Dipstick

Reaction score
Occasionally someone has set a cam at the pad, but I haven't seen it too much. I have set my phone under a G powered rocket and was pleasantly surprised with the results 🙂

Latest posts