Suggestions for first HPR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had to do it again... :grin:

2015-10-16%2012.19.11.jpg

I got this in a local drag race special and while my buddy and I couldn't arrange to race one another, he certified L1 with his on the I455. Heck of a way to certify! Also the rocket is tough and lends itself to go to L2. Some even went motor apogee main chute deploy and got back their rockets; however it's best to eventually get this one set up for DD to go L2. As others have noted, you need to get a bunch of other things for this one (epoxy, cords, chutes, etc.); however the chutes can be reused on other rockets and left over epoxy and cords can be used as well. Also CJ has an entire build thread to guide you along!

BTW - Sorry for "excessive use of a pic"...I feel like a proud parent showing off their new baby. :wink:

No need to apologize, that picture is awesome!

Definitely set up dual deployment for the bigger motors there, though I also flew it in I motors before it was complete and again with two mains to confirm deployment was as desired.

Back