Suggestions for correcting out of round nose cone.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigerstripe40

Reaction score
So, I have an Ogive nosecone and a bulkhead that I want to put on a black brandt II kit I got from MadCow.
I have an extension tube as I am running the rocket dual deploy and wanted the Ogive nosecone for better performance.

The nose cone is out of round, and by a significant margin. If I squeeze the nosecone on an axis, it will slide into the extension tube. However, if I were to epoxy the buklhead to the nose cone, as is, it will not fit without significant sanding and fitting.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?
I have though about putting some was on the inside of the extension tube, and then apply epoxy the bulkhead and nose cone and sort of fit it together. Turn it upside down and push the bulkhead onto the nose cone and allow the epoxy to cure. this does not seem like a good idea to me.

Can I put some hose clamps on the nose cone to get it round?

Is this one of the NCs that were being warrantied? Regardless, I'd go with a CR glued inside the shoulder.

Is this one of the NCs that were being warrantied? Regardless, I'd go with a CR glued inside the shoulder.

I didn't know that they were being warrantied. I bought it straight from MadCow. Perhaps I should give them a call.

Forgive my ignorance, what is a "CR"?

Back