Sugestions wanted!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket trike

Reaction score
We at Rockethead Rockets are look to see what it would take to get more of your bussiness. Please take a look at our web site www.rocketheadrockets.com and products and let us know what think. We are looking at making Rockethead Rockets one of the Top rocket manufactures. We are going to the rocketeers that know the best of what it takes to get their bussiness. Please do not woory about hurting our feelings we want you to be honest. Please feel free to e-mail us at [email protected]

Thank you
Tom

How about shipping the Lightning Strike????? ;)

My Battleaxes are always an attention getter at launches - especially with the kids. And, your mylar parachutes with the included snap swivels are superb. Maybe you could get more vendors to use your parachutes versus those cheap plastic "easy-fail" ones that we usually get. I see my EAT Triatomic kits contained Rockethead chutes, maybe other vendors would consider them as well.

Originally posted by stymye
more kits!

I'd second that. Just doesn't look to me like you've reached what I'd call critical mass...enough unique offerings to warrant a special trip to your website. Frankly, the kits you have don't interest me. And the rest of it I can get elsewhere as part of another order. No offense.

I check out your page pretty often thinking about ordering some chutes so here goes...

1- The site is horribly inconsistent. Font are different colors from page to page. Text is different sizes from page to page. There seems to be almost no order to anything. Some imformation is on one side of the page, and other information is on the other. It looks like a 6th grader's HTML project. Pick one design and layout and stick to it!

2- If I click on chutes on the left... I do not see any chutes! It just opens a drop down under chutes. Why not at least have some pictures of chutes in the page itself?

3- When you click on Parachutes on the left, it says they are 90 cents to ship. Then you click on Mylar and it says again they are 90 cents. But then you click on the rocket kits and... How much is it to ship a kit??? Oh I have to click on shipping... HUUHNN? Makes no sense to have one place force feed you the shipping rate and the other does not mention it.

3- Put up pics of the different colors and sizes of chutes you have. Show the details on the chuts like the swivels and the attechment points. I have seen that pic of your red chute all over the net. I want to see something else.

4- Those rockets are just not very exciting looking. Show me the contents of the kit or something... maybe it is just the pics. Where is the appeal to the hobbyist? I want something that looks like a good flyer and has quality contruction. Not something with lightning bolts or axes blades. I am not 12...

5- Barely any information about the rockets. What engine do I use for the Battle Axe? A, B, or C? So I can use a A8-5 or a C6-3 in it?

6- Look at the type of rockets people are flying the most. I think you would find that a lot of people are interested in a low cost wide rocket with a simple design and big body tube... A "small field flyer" would be a good addition. Your cheapers regular motor rocket is $12, which is a pretty big investment (comparitively).

Thank you for your input. We are looking at adding parts to our product line here real soon. We are looking at starting out with Body tubes, Kevlar, swivels, limited number of centering rings, cluster motor mount kits and more. I hope to have some of these products up on the web site by the end of next week.

Please give us any feed back that you would like to see us carry for kevlar sizes, swivels, body tubes, centering rings and cluster motor mounts. We feel that you will like our prices on these products.

As for kits I am working on the fins for the Lighting strike. I am hoping to have this kit released by the end of August. My laser cutter has put his prices up pretty high right now so I am looking for other so I can keep the prices down.

What kind of kits would you like to see. I have been working on kits that look different then others. What kind of kits would be a interest to you. The every day looking kits or kits that unique. I have a 3 13mm cluster that I am working on and so fourth.

I am hope to release a kit a month starting in August with the Lighting Strike. I am getting help and hope to get ahead on the Mylar parachutes.

Please help me with you you would like to see us carry.

Thank you
Tom

We have update or cleaned up our web site please let us know what you think.

Originally posted by rocket trike
What kind of kits would you like to see. I have been working on kits that look different then others. What kind of kits would be a interest to you. The every day looking kits or kits that unique.

Thank you
Tom

Can't speak for anyone but myself, but I like my rockets to be a bit more challenging and do more than "swish-pop". Cluster. Staged. Gap-staged. Glider. Helicopter. Take pictures. Make lots of smoke and noise. What it looks like is secondary. When I was a kid I was into the futuristic or "cool-looking" rockets. Those are great for display. But I'm not allowed to display my rockets in my bedroom anymore. Go figure. Now I want something fun to build and, more important, fun AND interesting to fly. Free advice easily worth twice the price.

Here are examples of things that have caught my eye...I've either purchased recently and enjoyed or am strongly considering:

FlisKits Deuce's Wild (canted cluster)
FlisKits Tres (canted cluster)
FlisKits Nomad (3 stager)
Edmonds Ecee (canard rocket glider)
Edmonds Ecee Thunder (huge honkin' canard rocket glider)
Edmonds CiCi2 (2 stage dual-glider)
Gyroc (helicopter recovery)
LOC Graduator (smoke, fire, and noise)

Originally posted by stymye
more kits!

I'd like to see a mid power Battle Axe. That would be cool, about 2.6 or 3 inch diameter would rock.

Well maybe a 3 inch diameter would put it in the low end HPR category.

I too want a Lightning Strike when it's released.

Back