sugar moters

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griast

Reaction score
I am new at the rockerty forum i have flowen rocket sevral years ago i have just learned about sugar moters if any one could help me. iam loocking for a refillable moter casing.

griast,
You'll get a lot more help and information if you update your profile and tell everyone who you are, where you're from, how much you know about rocketry, why are you interested in making sugar propellant, etc... In this day and age, everyone is very cautious about terrorists and people are reluctant to give out information to people if they don't know anything about them or why they want that information.

Its ok mark Him and I have been friends for many many years we used to fly little estes kits when we were little but I do understand your concern and I thank you for doing your job but we got his profile lined up He is also a member of S.I.R.S but He dose know that sugar motors are not allowed at club launches its something we have been messing with and coming up with other safe deployment methods

Thanks guys. That's good to know and welcome to the forum griast.

It's always much nicer when you know who it is you're talking to. :D

Just about any of the EX motors out there will do. Also you can make your own cases out of PVC pipe. Most of the EX cases use gaphite nozzles, which are great for AP but over kill for sugar the two links below will take you to sites with casings and nozzles specificly designed for sugar motors.

If you search the web you can find many sites of interest on this subject. Richard Nakka, James Yawn, Trailor Trash and Inverse Engineering to name just a few.

https://www.aeroconsystems.com/motors/sugar_motor/sugar_motor.htm

https://www.cavemanrocketry.com/

Good luck, have fun and be safe.

I am going to be testing my first sugar motors next weekend.

Scott

small projects? LOL, trailertrash is a great site, I love oogling those huge casings

Back