Successful Level 1 Attempt!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murrill

Reaction score
I successfully completed my Level 1 attempt this afternoon at High Cotton, the January launch for the Louisiana Tripoli club. :D Rocket was a PML Patriot (1/4 scale) powered by a Pro38 I205. The rocket wobbled slightly as it left the pad, then straightened out and flew to approximately 3000 feet. The rocket drifted quite far, I had to walk close to a mile across a muddy field to retrieve it, but everything was in one piece. As you can see from the attached picture, I deviated slightly - just slightly - from the standard military paint scheme and went with a purple and gold LSU paint job. Just under the two purple stripes near the top of the rocket is the autograph of Matt Mauck, quarterback of the national champion LSU Tigers. Huge thanks to Bob Mosher, club prefect, and especially to Ed Shihadeh of Giant Leap Rocketry, for all their patience and help.
John Murrill

murrill,

Congratulations on achieving your L1.

In the immortal words of Bob Brown, a KloudBuster LCO:

" Now it gets expensive".

Congratulations!

Now it is time to increase the spending limit on your credit card...

Congrats on Level 1......... It won't be long before you are itching to get your Level 2...... trust me I know:D

Nice lookin' rocket! Congratulations on the L1!

Loopy

murrill,

Big congrats on your Level 1 cert...you have started down the path and I see lots of bigger rockets, along with a lighter wallet, in your future! :)

Great Job,

Carl

Congrats! Now prepare to spend real money on rocketry.

:D Al

Back