Subsidized shipping costs?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps a service like Stamps.com has that available?
I was amazed at how much cheaper 1st class can be for some packages, even with the extras. I think Flate Rate only really pays off when you have very heavy items. Stamps.com requires a subscription, though, doesn't it?
I prefer the idea of giving your customers more choices rather than choosing for them.
USPS in my area is AWESOME! If I had my choice I would never have anything shipped Fed Ex (everyone on the local Nextdoor app calls them 'Fed Up'). Although some friends in other parts of the country or state can't say enough bad things about USPS and praises Fed Ex. Options are good to have.

As a flyer'n'buyer in Australia, I've made maybe up to 8 purchases from the USA vendors like Apogee, Wildman, BAMA in the last 4 years. Shipping costs make you wince.

Tracking and insurance options are a must have in my opinion as I've had a couple not arrive. Shipping is a huge factor in deciding to press the "Buy now" button, and I couldn't count on both hands the number of on-line shopping carts I've abandoned in the last 12months once I got to the shipping cost calculator, or the discovery that the vendor doesn't ship internationally or that the vendor needs you to call them in-person to talk about a shipping estimate.

Back