SU needs LEUP

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter

Reaction score
I dont know whats going on i was informed by a certened company that I needed a leup for SU/H so I told them no I dont its a PAD so I dont know what the H*LL to think Im just getting P*SSED off about this whole thing. Vendors need to find out whats going on Ive just about had it.

Are these H-class or higher SU's?

I would recommend faxing them a copy of the letter proving that the court ruled they are PAD's.

Jason

I suspect many vendors will continue requiring a LEUP for H+ SUs. I'd be curious to hear if any vendors sell HPR SU without requiring a LEUP.

paying for HAZMAT shipping is ok thats understandable but the leup that contradicts the whole court ruling

I understand, but many vendors may not be interested in changing their policies for what will be a short-lived loophole. Also, it sometimes doesn't pay to aggravate those in charge, even if you are right. All they need is an ignorant BATF agent and they will be hassled.

Noit that I'm right, these are just my guesses.

Anyone know of a vendor selling H+ SU without a LEUP?

No problem here. I know how you feel. My intent was not really to stir the pot either, but more to see how the vendors fall on this issue. Jetras idea may be worth trying.

Bowhunter, Magnum and Performance both ship hazmat & no hassle - but you gotta be L1 or L2 & give your NAR or TRA #.

be sure to tell the certain company how much you ordered!

Originally posted by Bowhunter
I dont know whats going on i was informed by a certened company that I needed a leup for SU/H so I told them no I dont its a PAD so I dont know what the H*LL to think Im just getting P*SSED off about this whole thing. Vendors need to find out whats going on Ive just about had it.

They're not going to put themselves at risk of getting in trouble, or even to be singled out for closer inspection, if and when the rules do get chaged the way ATFE wants them. Since these are legal right now only because ATFE messed up, and were told specifically they may not do anything until they've gone through the proper procedures, you can bet they'll be throwing a tempter tantrum and make life as hard as they can in any way they can later. They could even demand details of shipments sent when the rules get changed, and see if anyone who purchased one when they were legal "now" has them stored contrary to the changed rule.

My advice: check with the maunfacturer and get a listing of dealers carrying what you're interested in, and start contacting them. And if you do get some, keep an eye on the news; either use them up before the rules change or find an LEUP near you to store them for you after that.

Back