"Stupidity In Motion"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketmaniac

Reaction score
A few of the guys in our club have started a project called "Stupidity In Motion"..... In a nutshell, it is going to be a 1/10 scale Saturn V...... It is going to fly on (5) ex "M" motors...... Then weekend the LES had it's first test flight....... I posted a few pics in this thread....

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6195

"Stupidity In Motion" has their own website....... I just saw it for the first time..... It still is under construction, but here is the link;

https://stupidityinmotion.com/

That would be roughly 36 ft. tall. Can I have a ride ?

Originally posted by Zippy
That would be roughly 36 ft. tall. Can I have a ride ?

You're right....... I think its going to be about 36" in diameter.......

Wow, I'm really impressed with any rocket that is over 24" in diameter :cool:

Actually, a 1/10 scale Saturn V would be 39.6" in diameter. The fins would span 75.2".

Misc. useful measurements:

Overall Height: 435.6" (over 36 feet!)
Diameter.: 39.6"
Fin span: 75.2" (over six feet!)
F1 nozzles: 14.4" widest diam., about 23" overall height.

....someone's going to need a REALLY, REALLY BIG VAN.

Hurry up! The Gates Brothers are doing the same thing!
Oh man, this could make for one humdinger of a drag race though...

Right now the Gates are doing the 1/10 Saturn IB to get some "practice" before the 1/10 Saturn V. Both are going on P and O motors i think, at least that was what they said last.:D

Originally posted by rocwizard
Right now the Gates are doing the 1/10 Saturn IB to get some "practice" before the 1/10 Saturn V. Both are going on P and O motors i think, at least that was what they said last.:D

Oooh! Idea here.... How 'bout a 1/10 Saturn 1B, alongside a 1/10 Soyuz. They could drag race in a tribute to the Apollo/Soyuz test mission. Detante all over again!

I was thinking along those lines as well, but slightly different...

WIth the 1/10 scale saturn 1B and V, what would be a hoot would be a 1/10 scale Gemini Titan, Mercury Atlas and Mercury Redstone...

If done right, I'd be willing to bet you could get some of the old-hand astronauts to participate in the launch. It would be a true homage to the early man in space program and very note worthy

If done right, I'd be willing to bet you could get some of the old-hand astronauts to participate in the launch. It would be a true homage to the early man in space program and very note worthy

But make sure absolutley EVRYTHING works... You dont want it blowing up or anything like that in front of them lol

Phil

I'm sure they're all just happy that the real things didn't blow up UNDER them.:D

Back