Stupid Stunts.......

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Swimmer
Sometimes I can't win for losing.

Just finished repainting tonight the blue on my mini-Armageddon after repairing two cracked fins. While de-masking I had to cut a piece of tape off and as I drew my knife away I knicked one of the fins putting two marks on an otherwise pristine paint job. Touched it up, looks ok, but..........

These kind of stupid moves drives me crazy. I usually manage to bang up my rockets no matter how careful I am before getting them to the launch site. Think I'll just fly them nekked.

Am I the only one or does Murphy just hang around me?? :( Anyone else do things like this, or is it just me??

I got a fantastic paint job done on my Mirage. Absolutely flawless metal flake blue, with real depth. I mean, you could see the flake down under the clear surface. Then I CyA glued on the lugs. Next morning, white crystalline crud had grown all around both of them.

I'm sure this is obvious to people who use the cyA, but was there a reaction or something? How did this happen? (forgive the ignorance...:))

Justin Horne

My mother in law super-glued her mouth shut once...Best day of my life...

She was gluing something together (detail escapes me at this point), then rubbed her lip with a finger that she didn't realize still had some CA on it...Then, she concentrated really hard on what she was doing, and pursed her lips tightly together...:eek:

Lol... Smooooth! ;)

I dont mind getting CA on my fingers... except the thin stuff, that really gets hot when its bonding your fingers to something!!!

*WiK peels the CyA off his fingers :)

Phil

My grandson and I got caught in one of those quick rain showers that come up at launches. He got back in the pickup first and my brand new, never been flown, impeccable Estes Black BrantII was in his seat. (He didn't sit on it like you just thought, he gently moved it to the drivers seat.) So I opened the door and jumped in so I wouldn't get wet. Ever heard the sound of a splitting bodytube as your big hind end crushes it? That sickening pop just can't be duplicated.

Well when I was building my Tres, it was lying on my bed and I dang near sat on it. I managed to break one of the main fins in three different places.:mad: :mad: :mad: Trust me, a few seconds of cuss words insued.

I originally started to glue it back together but since it was unpainted at the time and I had some scrap material left over, I cut off the remnants of the old one (there wasn't much left) and cut out a new one and glued it into place.

Now that it is painted and finished, you can't tell which fin is the replacement.:D

Only I know which one it is.;)

Okay, maybe only quasi-related, but still a funny story - Last night, my oldest son (5 and a half years old) wasn't feeling well, and had vomited a couple of times. He then tells me, "I can't ever go to a rocket launch again...". "Why not?" I ask. "Because I'll throw up all over all the rockets."

Loopy

Eugene: I sure hope you got another Deltie Thunder after your mishap. I've only gotten one flight off of mine, but I am hooked! I absolutely love it.

Kermie

Is that one flight and splat, or just had time for one?

I've flown mine twice and it broke...

First time it snapped just forward if the delta. No problem, little 2oz glass and good as new.

Next time, it snapped just forward of the fiberglass....

Still I'm hooked

I just built and flew a Deltie Airshow. You have got to try it! Laid out on the bench is a Ecee Thunder.:D

A

Just had time for one. Flew beautifully, only light scratches at the nose. It was actually the 2nd flight of the bird, but the first one was on a day that was too windy to even try it.

On the 1st one, the chute wrapped around the back of the glider and the whole thing dropped in a flat spin with no damage at all.

Originally posted by eugenefl
I also can't stand it when rockets land in lakes that conveniently have alligators guarding them. :mad:

LOL! I guess I can add that to my list of reasons why I should be grateful to live near the desert. :)

Back