Stuck CD

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRFfan

Reaction score
I have a stuck CD in my computer. I've tried to get it out using these methods (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAs6DrfMfXY) but none of them worked. My computer is relatively new (Acer model AT-3 710 ES-61, i bought it a month ago). Any ideas on how to fix this?

You tube video is stuck or something.
If there is a little hole in the front of the player, straighten a paper clip and push it in the hole.
It's a manual trip.
Just in case you didn't know that.

I already tried with the paperclip but it didnt work.

And whenever I try with the ejection button, it sort of makes a clicking noise for 5-10 seconds but then stops.

Also make sure it is powered off, as it may try to auto close, while you are trying to open it.

Worst case is the drive is bad. Shutdown the computer and remove the power. Remove the drive and disable to get disk out. Replace with new drive.

As mentioned, pushing the paperclip does require a bit of force and works in the majority of cases.

However I have seen CD/DVDs that were stuck with an edge up not allowing the CD tray to open fully. In that case you simply remove the DC from the computer and tap it gently a few times, on a hard surface and it can dislodge the CD then use the paperclip to open the tray.

In an extreme case if you need the stuck media you may have to open the drive, which is not that difficult, by popping some screws out then removing the case shell top, then you can have access to the media and get a better visual on what is going on.

Yea it did work. I applied a little bit more force and the disk came out.

Latest posts

Back