Strange raven4 data problem

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
When pulling data off my raven4 on my last flight it looks like recording stops at apogee. Has anyone else seen this? is it a configuration issue?

Yes, very peculiar. Baro was still increasing so apogee had not been detected by the Raven4 at the time recording stopped. I have seen an apogee event disconnect a Raven 3 battery, but there was still get a few seconds more data running off the super cap after the event. There is no evidence of an apogee event in the accelerometer. Voltages and current look nominal for a Raven. The data just ends after exactly 640 frames recorded. Kind of looks like a software glitch.

Yes, very peculiar. Baro was still increasing so apogee had not been detected by the Raven4 at the time recording stopped. I have seen an apogee event disconnect a Raven 3 battery, but there was still get a few seconds more data running off the super cap after the event. There is no evidence of an apogee event in the accelerometer. Voltages and current look nominal for a Raven. The data just ends after exactly 640 frames recorded. Kind of looks like a software glitch.
I msg'd Adrian to see what i can do. 640 is a suspicious number, i wonder if my Raven has dead memory somewhere. I've flown the Raven before without problems but on shorter time duration flights, i wonder if the memory is bad above some address...

time will tell

Back