Strange Behavior from EggFinder LCD LED

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceX76

Reaction score
I have been working on putting together an EggFinder system which is a very long story but I am finally getting everything together and working. I am using a Eggfinder TX with an LCD screen and everything is working fine. The TX transmits to the LCD accurate position and I can use it to track the TX. However when the green LED on the LCDs Hope-RF module blinks it flashes rapidly. The video is filmed at 60 FPS and even though it looks like a single flash it is at least 10 flashes. I don't think that LED is supposed to flash that fast. Any Ideas what is going on?

Attachments

• IMG_0980.MOV
    282.2 KB
What is the EF Tx doing while this happens? If I recall, the green LED on the Hope module is the receive LED. The LCD is probably just receiving a data packet from the EF TX module.

What is the EF Tx doing while this happens? If I recall, the green LED on the Hope module is the receive LED. The LCD is probably just receiving a data packet from the EF TX module.
The EF TX is blinking red (sending packets), in sync with the LCD LED flashes which means its receiving pacts. The concerning part is how the LCD LED blinks so fast while indicating it received a packet. Though it maybe normal and I am just overly concerned about it seeing as I have never seen a status light blink that fast before.

Attachments

• IMG_0982.MOV
    3 MB
The transmission is half-duplex, so the light goes out when it's not sending/receiving. As long as the the lights appear to blink at the same time (or nearly so), then it's fine. There's a slight delay between the NMEA sentences, so that's why it's appearing to flash like that.

Back