Story for you deer hunters

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pippen

Reaction score
and others: I thought you might enjoy reading the account of this big 25 pt buck here in Illinois. :)

https://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/n...46FCCE58FFC5CAB58625767B0071CDCA?OpenDocument

"From about 40 yards out, Graber let fly an arrow aimed at the buck's lungs. But a tree deflected it, and the arrow ripped through the deer's ear. The startled animal flipped into the air, slid down an embankment, fell over a 20-foot cliff into the water _ and drowned."

All the males in my family were hunters and had this been them, they would never heard the end of that shot!

Lisa, who still routinely is reminded that she had the nerve to schedule her wedding for opening day of deer season in Wisconsin

and others: I thought you might enjoy reading the account of this big 25 pt buck here in Illinois. :)

https://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/n...46FCCE58FFC5CAB58625767B0071CDCA?OpenDocument

"From about 40 yards out, Graber let fly an arrow aimed at the buck's lungs. But a tree deflected it, and the arrow ripped through the deer's ear. The startled animal flipped into the air, slid down an embankment, fell over a 20-foot cliff into the water _ and drowned."

All the males in my family were hunters and had this been them, they would never heard the end of that shot!

Lisa, who still routinely is reminded that she had the nerve to schedule her wedding for opening day of deer season in Wisconsin

My sister made the same mistake when she got married.

I don't think you can even get married on "Opening Day" in Michigan. I think it may be a law.

Cool story. Had I made a shot like that, I know I would never live it down. It's bad enough that I managed to shoot my own blind...

We hunted for three weeks this year and did not even see a deer. On the last day one of the guys had his brother come up to the camp to pick him up. His brother hit a deer on the turn off to the dirt road going to the cabin. One side was busted up pretty bad but the other was fine.

I can now say I have eaten road kill.

I don't think you can even get married on "Opening Day" in Michigan. I think it may be a law.

Cool story. Had I made a shot like that, I know I would never live it down. It's bad enough that I managed to shoot my own blind...

"The bride wore blaze orange..."

One year someone shot my doe decoy--twice--from behind, and uphill of the blind I was sitting in at the time.:eek:

Back