Storm Caster on E30

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phaar

Reaction score
Has anyone ever flown an Estes Storm Caster on an E30. I know that as soon as I post this, someone will say "yeah I flew mine on a F21" or something like that but today, I experienced probably the fastest rocket I have ever seen. As soon as I get the footage(or atleast attempted footage...) I will post it. All I can say is CRAZY!;) :D :eek:

Actually, the F21 is slower off the pad but will go higher. E30s are the best for sheer neck-snapping flights in Estes rockets (until you go to the G55:D

Originally posted by Rocketjunkie
Actually, the F21 is slower off the pad but will go higher. E30s are the best for sheer neck-snapping flights in Estes rockets (until you go to the G55:D

The G55 is faster than the speed of neck. :)

Me... I'm guilty..... It was a day, the wind was going about .11 mph, and we had a E-30 to blow and we got it back, bout 100 feet aay from the pad!! Of course, I was them taken to the emergency room with a horrible case of whip lash :D :D ;)

Wait...I was confused about your last post. What kit did you fly the E30 in??:confused:

That is what I thought. Anyway, I know you liked it. I loved mine that I flew today. I am still waiting on the footage. I was not so fortunate to recover mine 100 feet from the pad but it was quite close. Without question I did nose-blow and it came down about 60 yards from the pad. That was AFTER I lost it in the sky after it disappeared. I highly recommend it!

Originally posted by phaar
That is what I thought. Anyway, I know you liked it. I loved mine that I flew today. I am still waiting on the footage. I was not so fortunate to recover mine 100 feet from the pad but it was quite close. Without question I did nose-blow and it came down about 60 yards from the pad. That was AFTER I lost it in the sky after it disappeared. I highly recommend it!

Haven't tried a E30 in a Stormcaster yet but I did put one in a Fat Boy and when it lit it was gone. Got a vid of it at https://mars-rocketry.com/video/zakfatboy.mpg (warning it is a 7 meg file)

Latest posts

Back