Storm Area 51

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The moron who started this who didn't realize how very many other morons there are in the world is now regretting his stupidity. Anyone who shows up and actually tries to storm the place should have "MORON" branded to their forehead in large letters after capture. Could easily be much ado about nothing, but locals aren't amused:

'Storm Area 51' prompts emergency declaration in Nevada

The concert/fest sounds like it could be a fun way to celebrate an internet joke, but I can empathize with the residents who don't want the next burning man in their back yards

Odds are they would use their microwave Active Area Denial systems. It uses microwaves and makes your skin feel like it's burning, but does little actual damage.

They also have paintball guns that when the rounds break apart on your clothes WILL make you lose your lunch.

They were in the security area outside the base proper by my interpretation. That's the last place where you'll get off with a friendly warning (and believe me, an arrest is a friendly warning here)

On local tv they show a bunch of people camped out. There is a stage set up and bands are supposed to play.
Looking like it's going to be a big alien themed desert party.

M

Just found this myself. Some raid. Looks like a bunch of "Press" showed up to film/photo some clowns reading signs and talking to the guards. So they can't stop us all has been turned into no need to stop us because we are just gonna read signs and laugh because we can't bring in firearms.

Two or three festivals have spawned from this. One in Rachel, Alienstock, and the other in Hiko, Area 51 Base Camp. Seems like Las Vegas is doing something as well and likely the biggest altercation from the whole mess will be who gets to use the name Alienstock - Rachel or Vegas.

The guy who started it all isn't participating in any of it from what I've read. He said the towns hosting the festivals wouldn't be able to meet demand. Would be a humanitarian disaster. Dangerous even.

I'd like to get some of the alien themed beer that is said to have been canned just for Alienstock.

Bummer. I thought we might get several candidates for this year's Darwin Award out of this thing.

giphy.gif

A few photos popped up on a Facebook group. Can't remember the group and can't confirm the validity. Supposed to be at Area 51 but could easily be at one of the festivals. Looks like they formed ranks?

Quite a few folks camping on BLM land around Rachel, probably without a permit.
FB_IMG_1569006627016.jpg FB_IMG_1569006620375.jpg

A few photos popped up on a Facebook group. Can't remember the group and can't confirm the validity. Supposed to be at Area 51 but could easily be at one of the festivals. Looks like they formed ranks?

Quite a few folks camping on BLM land around Rachel, probably without a permit.
View attachment 393827 View attachment 393828

Those are people trying to set a line dancing record at a music festival in Australia earlier this year. https://rvdaily.com.au/big-red-bash-all-set-to-rock-the-desert/

Easy way to confirm if a photo has been pulled from somewhere else on the internet: right click the photo and click "search google for photo". You'll be able to see where else it's been used and, usually, the original site it's from.

Takes less than a minute to save yourself from spreading fake news.

Last edited:
Back