Storm Area 51

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CzTeacherMan

Reaction score
We're storming Area 51... They can't stop all of us.
September 20th.
Who's down?

Has a UFO ever crashed into a city anywhere in the world, in modern times, where thousands of people would see it before " the government would come in a pick up every little piece"? NO

The Sheeple do love their mythical stories. Always have, always will. The National Enquirer will love this and make millions off of it.

Last edited:
Do I think alien life is statistically probable? Yes. Time and space are a big place.

Do I think intelligent alien life that exists simultaneously with our own is statistically probable? Maybe. Time and space are a big place.

Do I think intelligent alien life that exists simultaneously with our own has been routinely visiting earth? Starting to look more doubtful considering the physics and probability.

Do I think intelligent alien life has been routinely visiting earth but in spite of that is somehow fallible enough to crash and be discovered? Now it's getting silly.

Do I think stuff like Area 51, Roswell and other alien and UFO folklore is a great source of storytelling, humor, kitsch, and general interest, bewilderment, and amusement? Definitely.

Do I think orchestrating a coordinated raid on a top-secret government/military installation equipped with signs that say things like "Do not proceed - Deadly force authorized" is a good idea? FFS don't be stupid. I get that a lot of this is tongue-in-cheek, but last time I checked the US military does not possess a sense of humor.

I've been to Rachel. Got the t-shirt. Had dinner at the Little A-Le-Inn. Took some photos. Drove to the warning signs. Almost hit some cattle on the open range driving back to Vegas. That was enough amusement for me.

*EDIT* I'll add my own strange little anecdote to the folklore: My wife, her friend and I went to Rachel and the edge of Area 51 five years ago. I brought it up with both of them a few weeks ago. We all have wildly different recollections of what happened that night. I'm going to chalk it up to the fact that memory is imperfect and often downright wrong, but it's still kind of creepy to hear two other sane adults re-tell events that are in direct conflict with my own memories.

Last edited:
I'll toss out 2 cents here...

I recall reading that so far, in 5% of the digital sky survey, they've cataloged over 33 million galaxies, each containing billions to hundreds of billions of stars. That's 5% of the sky, and to borrow from Billy-Bob Thornton, it's a big-ass sky.

Do the math. Your exponent is going to have an exponent. Statistically speaking, there has to be other life. Intelligent life.

Will we ever make contact? Not likely... Few understand the distances involved.

The fastest probe ever launched off the Earth, New Horizons, was accelerated using multiple gravity-assist maneuvers, and took 10 years to reach Pluto, @ ~34 AU.
At that speed, it would take over 79000 years to reach Proxima Centauri, our nearest, closest stellar neighbor, @ over 268000 AU.

Gentlemen, that's "NEAR."

Wanna go "far?"

And you can forget near-lightspeed travel. Nevermind the problems with time-dilation, hit a whisp of interstellar hydrogen gas at near-lightspeed, and Doc says yur gonna die. Not to mention dark matter. We don't even know what dark matter is, let alone how to avoid running into it in interstellar space. Slamming into some at 95% the speed of light cannot possibly end well.

Last edited:
They used to test nukes out that way if I remember correctly... One nuke could ruin you whole day.

Do I think alien life is statistically probable? Yes. Time and space are a big place.

Do I think intelligent alien life that exists simultaneously with our own is statistically probable? Maybe. Time and space are a big place.

Do I think intelligent alien life that exists simultaneously with our own has been routinely visiting earth? Starting to look more doubtful considering the physics and probability.

Do I think intelligent alien life has been routinely visiting earth but in spite of that is somehow fallible enough to crash and be discovered? Now it's getting silly.

Do I think stuff like Area 51, Roswell and other alien and UFO folklore is a great source of storytelling, humor, kitsch, and general interest, bewilderment, and amusement? Definitely.

Do I think orchestrating a coordinated raid on a top-secret government/military installation equipped with signs that say things like "Do not proceed - Deadly force authorized" is a good idea? FFS don't be stupid. I get that a lot of this is tongue-in-cheek, but last time I checked the US military does not possess a sense of humor.

I've been to Rachel. Got the t-shirt. Had dinner at the Little A-Le-Inn. Took some photos. Drove to the warning signs. Almost hit some cattle on the open range driving back to Vegas. That was enough amusement for me.

*EDIT* I'll add my own strange little anecdote to the folklore: My wife, her friend and I went to Rachel and the edge of Area 51 five years ago. I brought it up with both of them a few weeks ago. We all have wildly different recollections of what happened that night. I'm going to chalk it up to the fact that memory is imperfect and often downright wrong, but it's still kind of creepy to hear two other sane adults re-tell events that are in direct conflict with my own memories.
In my intro to psychology class we talked about the fallability of memory. Whenever you remember something, you are just remembering the last time you remebered it, so the longer you go the more polluted all your memories get.

Personally I think it is a very bad idea. Flash mob mentality, I'm sure nothing can go wrong there no?

Also the area is quite vast and a lot of people will pass out just walking to the site let alone 'rushing' it. Besides what do they expect to see once they get there?

Nah it is just another attention (Lady of ill repute) event. Grow up!

It's already been done...

iTunes2-590x255.jpg

The BALLS crew found nothing interesting and left shortly after.

Something went wrong with your brain-wipe and fake memory implant.

Their Facebook page is hilarious!

Most people will get the joke. Some won't. Some of the funniest comments on their Facebook page are people taking them seriously.

This alone makes me want to go.

View attachment 388449
It's entertaining already... TV in September is going to be a riot!
... Something to watch instead of friggin politics!

Some conspiracy thingie a while ago painted Area 51 as old hat. While is it still a secret installation with "some" secret tests, the real secret testing & proving ground, and secret "alien lab" is deep in the hills in Utah. Some place, miles & miles form anywhere, over rugged mountain terrain, in a hollowed out mountain, etc.. Access is by guide & horseback over a few days travel

Area 51 is [apparently] kept alive as a decoy, as a place we all know is a not-so-secret "secret"..

Of course, Jim Morrison & Marilyn Monroe have permanent residency there, to live a quite & peace life.. Elvis did too, but became too much of a liability and has since moved to somewhere outside Vegas..

Some conspiracy thingie a while ago painted Area 51 as old hat. While is it still a secret installation with "some" secret tests, the real secret testing & proving ground, and secret "alien lab" is deep in the hills in Utah. Some place, miles & miles form anywhere, over rugged mountain terrain, in a hollowed out mountain, etc.. Access is by guide & horseback over a few days travel

Area 51 is [apparently] kept alive as a decoy, as a place we all know is a not-so-secret "secret"..

Of course, Jim Morrison & Marilyn Monroe have permanent residency there, to live a quite & peace life.. Elvis did too, but became too much of a liability and has since moved to somewhere outside Vegas..

Canadians aren't supposed to know about Area 52......

Quote:

But in recent years, it had been speculated that Area 51 may no longer be the primary research facility for the Air Force. As it has been suggested that some projects have been transferred to other facilities such as Wright Patterson Air Force Base and Dugway Proving Grounds. But despite this, Area 51 is still very much active and to this day and is still believed to be the home for many supposed black projects.

taken from:
https://defensionem.com/paradise-ranch-real-area-51/

Back