STILL CAMERA TIPS: Tricks, equipment, and techniques

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 7D, which hopes to see light this weekend, was one of the fastest (9FPS) DSLRs I could find way back when. And so I still use it to this day. I've considered a 7D Mark II but eBay'ers still want ridiculous prices for a body 8 or 9 years old. So I stick with my 7D. I am sure shutterless is the way to go now days, but for now... the 7D will do. I have a RX100 III. But never use it for rocketry. But it makes a nice walk around camera.

And: Unless locked down, no one looks at posting dates. :)

Many things here are as useful now as then. Still images are way better (still).

Look at rocket videos?! Same garbage being posted now that was posted 10 years ago. Tiny image of the rocket.... zooms out of the field of view... operator tries to find it. By then its a white trail in the sky that the autofocus hunts and hunts around trying to lock to (apparently video to this day still as has no manual infinity focus). And we see a little puff, and a wobby image as it spins on the way down (and the focus keeps on a huntin')

And people wonder why I diss video. :D

Back