STILL CAMERA TIPS: Shooting a rocket launching...

Discussion in 'Photo/Video Tips' started by gdjsky01, May 29, 2012.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Mar 27, 2013 #31

jadebox

jadebox

jadebox

Roger Smith TRF Sponsor

That's similar to what I do. And, I often use Adobe's Lightroom to quickly import, review, and touch-up a large collection of photographs. It's a great time saver.

I store my photos and other important stuff using a Synology NAS. It has four drives in RAID configuration so that if a drive fails, I can replace it without losing any data. It's a very well-designed product - easy to set up and use. Periodically, I also copy really important things, like photos, to an external USB drive which I store "off-site" (outside our house) as an extra backup.

-- Roger

2. Mar 27, 2013 #32

gdjsky01

gdjsky01

gdjsky01

Whoosh, pop: life is good TRF Supporter

I never push the launch button. Always the shutter button. I always whittle it down to about 30 to 40 shots of the 300 - 350 I take. You accumulate a lot of images at 9 fps. I work in Lightroom. I do not save my mistakes. There is nothing I will do with them and I generally always know what I did wrong.

90% of all post processing is done in lightroom with maybe 10% in photoshop. Maybe. Almost all my images are post processed to varying degrees. Crop and straightening the horizon being the most common.