Stickershock23 CLOSING for a while

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is absolutely the best news Mark and Marian!! So glad to see you both pull through on this and wish you both the best for continued success down the road!!!

...Fudd

Fudd said it so well. Thinking of you guys.

For those following this thread, Marian and Mark made it out to Tripoli Vegas' Oktoberfest this weekend. Marian is not done fighting cancer, but it sounds like she's 98 percent there. Her attitude and outlook are amazing, simply amazing--positive and "I am going to win this" focused. So great to see them both, and even better to see Hayes mayhem happening at a rocket launch again. Made my heart glad to see them on the Jean dry lake bed again.

While my hat is off to the Hayes' for how they all came through this pitched fight, but my real respect is for this community for how it pulled together for this family. I've seen this a few times with various community bad news events and I am amazed how rocketry does this time and again. It speaks volumes about the people and the rocketry community in general. Bravo!

Mark..

Thanks so much.. going out there made Marian SO HAPPY she felt like she was back to normal (even though she's not quite there)

SHe had a great time and thanks EVERYONE who came by and said even Hello!

The guys in central california made her a rocket "Save the ta ta's" and we had everyone sign it for here tons of best wishes!

Dave P came over and opened a bottle of Sparkling cider and raised a toast with us for her! that was awesome

then the Perry family made her a rocket called "Miracal Maker" that was JUST AWESOME and it flew great on a G-80T

Guys Mark said it right this community is made of the best people out there! this is why I'll fly rockets till I can no longer get up to do it!

thanks a million!

Mark and Marian!

Hi Mark,

Wanted to extend a shout out to the Stickershocks for another trio of great decals. After going into building hibernation for a few months, I needed some bling to finish off a few rockets. Sconnie rocket factory finished no less than 6 rockets on Saturday thanks to Mark. Sorry for the little BT-55 decals;); man those were small! Will try to send some photos when I get a chance.

In the meantime, glad to hear that all went well at Jean....its been over a decade since I've been there last. I need Marian to sign my (former Mr. Griffin's) Save the Ta Ta's Magg next time we rendezvous at a launch.

Thanks again!!!

-Eric-

Guys Mark said it right this community is made of the best people out there!

You ain't kiddin..........

Teddy

Hi Mark,

Wanted to extend a shout out to the Stickershocks for another trio of great decals. After going into building hibernation for a few months, I needed some bling to finish off a few rockets. Sconnie rocket factory finished no less than 6 rockets on Saturday thanks to Mark. Sorry for the little BT-55 decals;); man those were small! Will try to send some photos when I get a chance.

In the meantime, glad to hear that all went well at Jean....its been over a decade since I've been there last. I need Marian to sign my (former Mr. Griffin's) Save the Ta Ta's Magg next time we rendezvous at a launch.

Thanks again!!!

-Eric-

we look forward to it Eric!

Hey All.....Just wanted to update since its been awhile. The welling in Marian's are continues the swell due to the sluggish actions of the lymph-nodes. She has been sick all weekend with a moderate fever so her Dr. wanted to see her. most of all her tests including her chest-ray looks fatastic. They are very pleased with that. When they did her blood work her numbers were high for her white blood cells were high and one of the other that the look at was at 8.8 today vs 3.6 3 weeks ago. They determined that she has a bacterial infection in her blood.... She is on strong meds to knock it down but prayers are needed....... I am just so thankful that she is at home instead of the hospital. Hopefully this will work and she won't have to be admitted. Thanks for the continued prayers they are very helpful
Mark and Marian

Prayers everyday you guy's,,
for both of you have been continuous..
This isn't easy from your perspective either Mark...

Teddy

Jeez.... you guys need to catch a break! Hang in there, brother!

Best,

--Geoff

Thanks to everyone.

shes at the doctors right now having work on her lymph nodes. they do a "massage" to try and help them drain the fluids in her arms. shes really swollen right now.

she'll be done in a couple hours then to bed with her! I think she'll be ok.. but its been a tough one!

Prayers for health and healing...

It's certainly a tough road for both of you. Hang in there.

Erik

Again I want to thank everyone.. the support here is just incredible!

Marians doing better. we got her fever beat so I think the antibiotics are working..

she goes back to see the doctor again in a couple days! I'll update again when I know more!

Thanks for the update Mark. It's been a tough hill to climb.
Praying for healthy times ahead for you both.
Would love to meet her someday.

Hey Everyone.... It's Marian again... Hope everyone is having a good new year so far. I just wanted to update everyone on how things are going.... I have been on oral treatment since stopping chemo the end of July. I have some lingering side effects but it could have been so much worse. I have had a series of scans over the last few months and they have been improving. My last scan was last week and I saw my Oncologist yesterday. He is pleased with the progress that I have made and we are now ready to start the next chapter of treatment for my cancer. I will be having a double mastectomy on Thursday the 28th. I will be in the hospital several days. This is not going to be easy as now I have to buy special "mastectomy wear" for right after surgery and I will not be having reconstruction until a later date due to the fact that I have had staph in the past and they want to make sure that I have no issues with infection. I want to thank each and every one of you for the positive thoughts and prayers that have gotten me so far and would please as for more as I embark on this new journey in out lives. I don't know what I would have done without all of the support of the rocketry community.
Mark and Marian Hayes

Marian and Mark,

We will pray for you and your family.

Chuck and Bridgett.

Oh Marian that's wonderful news...
They wouldn't move you forward to this next step unless you were doing great...
I am so happy for you...
You have my prayers each and every day....
Good for you both...

Teddy

Back