Stickershock strikes again

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRIFFIN

Reaction score
Here is my Loc Mini Magg with an awesome set of stickers. Thanks again Mark.

I think I have seen a "Red Bull" mini magg out there somewhere (maybe Mike Gross) we need to get together to have a drag race!!!

"Jagerbomb"= A glass of Red Bull with a shot of Jager dropped into the glass....enjoy

bomb 001.jpg

bomb 002.jpg

Your more than welcome.. that looks AWESOME!!!!

I am heading to the store right now to pick up some Jeager and redbull (or monster sorry)

That sounds good to me.
LDRS_27_0342[1] (2).jpg
Just keep in mind, Red Bull was born to fly. Let me know where we can do it. I'll be at Thunderstruck in Indiana next month or Mid West Power in October.
Mike

That sounds good to me.
View attachment 19102
Just keep in mind, Red Bull was born to fly. Let me know where we can do it. I'll be at Thunderstruck in Indiana next month or Mid West Power in October.
Mike

I thought it was yours!!! I saw it in a earlier picture from a past MWP (it was next to a ghost....so I figured it was you)

I will 100% be at MWP8. I dont know if I will make Thunderstruck.

Post some up close pics of that thing. I was going to do a 1/2 red bull and 1/2 Jager. paint. But after Mark came up with the big logo for the fin-to-fin, I decided to keep it all black and orange.

Yep that was my Casper the Ghost. I cut those Red Bull stickers out by hand. I wish I knew Mark back then. He has done some awesome work for me.
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Red Bull3 (2).jpg
    Red Bull3 (2).jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Red Bull4 (2).jpg
    Red Bull4 (2).jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Red Bull2 (2).jpg
    Red Bull2 (2).jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 64
Yep that was my Casper the Ghost. I cut those Red Bull stickers out by hand. I wish I knew Mark back then. He has done some awesome work for me.
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

WOW!! they look great. It looks like I may be able to make it to Thunderstruck after all. I will keep you posted. What motors do you use for the mini magg and do you have any nose weight. (rocksim says all "stubby" rockets are unstable)

WOW!! they look great. It looks like I may be able to make it to Thunderstruck after all. I will keep you posted. What motors do you use for the mini magg and do you have any nose weight. (rocksim says all "stubby" rockets are unstable)

are you preforming the base drag trick on them?

Ben

are you preforming the base drag trick on them?

Ben

no? and I'm not sure what that is. I have only been (back) into building rockets for about 8 months and still figuring out all the "stuff" rocsim can do. I bought it to help me when I built an upscale redmax (just wanted to make sure it would fly since I used it for my L1 cert at MWP7)

other than basic rocket design, I dont use rock sim to its full potential.

no? and I'm not sure what that is. I have only been (back) into building rockets for about 8 months and still figuring out all the "stuff" rocsim can do. I bought it to help me when I built an upscale redmax (just wanted to make sure it would fly since I used it for my L1 cert at MWP7)

other than basic rocket design, I dont use rock sim to its full potential.

so a search here or in the archives. There is a nice thread and tip to help rocsim with base brag onstubby rockets. Its essentially an "invisible" conical nosecone placed on the aft end of the rocket to help "trick" Rsim.

Ben

When i get home today I'll get a wieght on the nose cone. Remember a short rocket only needs about 1/2 a caliber. Let me know what motors you want to race on.
Mike

Griffin,
I checked the weight of my nose cone, it's 1.2 lbs. I don't know how much is the nose & how much I added, but you can weigh yours & see. Every thing I added is in the tip of the nose.

I normally fly mine on some type of mid size "I".

Mike

Here is my Loc Mini Magg with an awesome set of stickers. Thanks again Mark.

I think I have seen a "Red Bull" mini magg out there somewhere (maybe Mike Gross) we need to get together to have a drag race!!!

"Jagerbomb"= A glass of Red Bull with a shot of Jager dropped into the glass....enjoy

That is toooo cool! I am going to have to give StickerShock a "Shot!" (pun intended!) :cheers:

Mike

Griffin,
I checked the weight of my nose cone, it's 1.2 lbs. I don't know how much is the nose & how much I added, but you can weigh yours & see. Every thing I added is in the tip of the nose.

I normally fly mine on some type of mid size "I".

Mike

Mine is 1lb 2 oz. with no weight added (just a custom plate mount for shock cord retention)
I registered today for Thunderstruck, I am looking forward to it. ( I motor sounds good to me. I have AT or CTI cases in any size)

If I may be so bold as to suggest I1299N-P? You would have to add electronic deployment.

Just think of the cool factor there! :jaw:

Warp-Nine....not my thing. I would hate to sneeze when the button was pushed and miss the sound of the motor!!

I lost my roc sim program when my computer crashed, what altitude does your mini magg sim to on that motor?
Mike

Sounds ok to me. I'll have to see if I can find a 6 grain case. I'll give Tim a call tomorrow.

Mike

Sounds ok to me. I'll have to see if I can find a 6 grain case. I'll give Tim a call tomorrow.

Mike

I was only quoting HANDEMAN, I would think noseweight would have to be added to go with the "J". Besides, I am still L1. I plan on a L2 attempt at that launch with my 5" V2. So for now, lets stick with something in the "I" selection (I dont want to jinx myself......maybe we will celebrate with the "J" race if all goes well)

OOPS! I just got off the phone with Tim.:y: He'll have it waiting for me at Thunderstruck. It's ok though, any chance I get to buy a new case & Skidmark is ok with me.:clap: Plus as long as it's a Skid & the case will fit one of my wifes rockets shes good with it also.

If it rains this weekend she will be going for her Level 2 at Thunderstruck also.

Mike

OOPS! I just got off the phone with Tim.:y: He'll have it waiting for me at Thunderstruck. It's ok though, any chance I get to buy a new case & Skidmark is ok with me.:clap: Plus as long as it's a Skid & the case will fit one of my wifes rockets shes good with it also.

If it rains this weekend she will be going for her Level 2 at Thunderstruck also.

Mike

Thats awesome!!

Hey- are you bringing your Darkstar to thunderstruck??? I just bought one and in the processof finishing it up and would like to see how other people are setting things up.

Yep, I'm bringing it. It will be flying without the altimeter bay & payload section in the drag race on Sunday. If I get a chance I'll put it all back together & fly it on an I200. Come on by on Saturday at the launch & check it out, take a look at what ever you need to.

Also I forgot to wish you good luck on your cert flight.

Mike

Yep, I'm bringing it. It will be flying without the altimeter bay & payload section in the drag race on Sunday. If I get a chance I'll put it all back together & fly it on an I200. Come on by on Saturday at the launch & check it out, take a look at what ever you need to.

Also I forgot to wish you good luck on your cert flight.

Mike
Cool, I will have to check it out. Saturday will be the only day I will be there.

Back