Stickershock closed to attend balls 25

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickershock23

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I will be leaving Wed for balls.. And be gone at least till Monday!

I obviously won't be able to fill orders while I'm gone so please if you need something place any order ASAP!

I will fill orders placed after Monday when I return!

Thanks and see you there!

Thanks again im heading out tomorrow so anything ordered will be filled first come first served when I return!

thanks a million

yeah,,
how was Balls Mark ??
Some guy's from the east coast went and had a wonderful time...
Some really insane flights went up...

Teddy

how was balls..... Humm lets see..

Ok well put together tons of huge stuff..

i will say this... its my personal opinion and that only please dont take it wrong..

if you are an altitude junkie... cant go high or fast enough.. balls is for you..

that being said.. I like to stand as close as I leagally can I like to FEEL the ROAR and the thrust.. I like to hear the LOUD RUMBLE in my guts I like to watch a HUGE 200 lb rocket creep to the sky like a saturn V tryinr to claw its way to the moon.. I like to watch the motor burn out and the rocket still inch slowly towards the heavens.. I LOVE to watch them arc over and then with all their mite blow out the laundry ,,,,, the chutes slowly unfold.. the smoke and dust linger then slowly clear.. then watch them float gracefully back to earth.. deploying their main chute and gently landing 100 ft from where they just left..

sorry but I LOVE TO WATCH A LAUNCH not read it on a laptop then spend hours following a signal to find it..

so to me I'll never go to balls again its just not for me... seeing 1000 minimum diameter rockets so far away they are just a line of smoke push the mach barrier 321 woosh where'd it go is just not for me..

again it was a nice trip it was great seeing friends and meeting new ones.. seeing some cool projects and cooler people.. but for a laucnh I watched maybe 2 or 3 projects I really enjoyed..

Mark

Ummmmmm, best not to be too close when one of those research motors that wasn't "researched" enough cuts loose and turns everything to shrapnel.:kill: Yeah, seeing a rocket actually "hit" the apogee and deploy is ok too but some of
the folks like to see if they can get everything to go right to 100k and get it back in one piece. It's all about personal challenge and BALLS is the extreme in that regard. Want otherwise? LDRS and some of the large regional launches
should be right up your alley. If the waiver is 100k one can't expect many whoosh poppers! A "lower" waivered event will more likely be a more visual experience as opposed to one where the participants
had to fill out a bunch of paperwork far in advance to be able to fly!:wink: Besides if any of those projects carried some of your handiwork it would likely be a one time "flight decoration" care of aerodynamic heating!
Based on your report Mark, it might not be up my alley either unless I were part of a team of some kind perhaps staring at a map screen.:smile: Kurt

I agree again nothing wrong with balls its just not my style...

heck I want to stand 3 feet from an N motor when it fires.. (oh wait i've done that... BADAzzzz ) but at balls a "Q" motor at what a mile away.. was as exciting to me as an Estes "D" motor..

so you higher faster further guys go to balls its killer GO GO HIGHER GO FASTER GO TO SPACE thats awesome..

I'll be here in the low altitudes having my fun too!

It's all about personal challenge and BALLS is the extreme in that regard. Want otherwise? LDRS and some of the large regional launches
should be right up your alley. If the waiver is 100k one can't expect many whoosh poppers! A "lower" waivered event will more likely be a more visual experience as opposed to one where the participants
had to fill out a bunch of paperwork far in advance to be able to fly!

Funny thing is, one week earlier there's XPRS in the same location, which has some 100k flights and everything down to a bunch of model rocket pads/flights. They've been my favorite launches due to the variety you get to see. BALLS is something I'd like to go to at some point just to see it, but I do suspect that in the end I'd conclude that XPRS is more my cup of tea. Personally I can't really justify the ~7 hr each way drive (in rented RVs) to Black Rock twice in 10 days, plus I know several other flyers who only do XPRS as their one launch a year, so I'll probably be sticking with XPRS for some time, both for the company and the flights.

Back