Stickers!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAllen

Reaction score
So here's something different...Not sure if I've ever seen someone do this before - and I am really not sure where to post this. I have this black 4" rocket made from LOC parts and it's painted flat black. I figure it needs some graphics. So here's the deal; you send me stickers and or decals and I'll put them on this rocket. Priority will be given to rocketry vendors - even if I've never bought anything from them. Next will be well...Anything - but with a couple of rules: Nothing political and keep it PG-13. If you send me University of Alabama, University of Michigan or USC stickers bad things may happen to those prior to being placed on the rocket. You've been warned lol.

I plan on launching this on 12/4/21 at Michiana Rocketry and a few more times this season. It will be on a J415 and it sims to around 4.5-5k - not entirely sure how the camera shroud will affect things. Then later in the season I may do something higher.

So if there's interest great - if not that's fine too. Just thought this might be a fun thing to try out and see what kind of response I get. Thanks for looking!

unnamed.jpg

Any interest in these ULA mission stickers? They might need trimming to make them look better for fitment etc. They are 3.5" wide x 5" tall.

Sandy.

Attachments

• IMG_4646.JPG
    IMG_4646.JPG
    205.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4647.JPG
    IMG_4647.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 54
Dave, this poor lonely survivor may need a little love. It was in the bottow of an old range box I cleaned out a week ago and almost tossed it. I'm also throwing in a NASA worm logo in red, just 'cuz. ('cuz I worked on the first cruise missile and last Shuttle. Retired now.) On the way, buddy!

Given the somewhat short lead time from initial post to ignition, I assume the rocket will simply gain stickers as time moves forward. Honestly, that will make it that much more cool, IMO.

Looking forward to what Dave does with the flights and sticker application. Could be really cool to see 5 years from now. . . I do reserve the right to send future stickers if things keep moving forward.

Sandy.

The only extra stickers I have are Aeropack and Stickershocks Don't fly naked. There yours if you want them. I usually put any stickers I get on my gun cabinet in the garage.20211127_181423[1471].jpg

Wow the response has been way way better than anticipated. I think I'll be getting stickers from 6 different people between here and Facebook. Thanks everyone!

Dave, avoid the temptation t put them on as you get them.. Wait till you receive them all, sort them, then apply them. (You'll soon regret putting one two down, realizing they'll soon be covered by others.. trust me!)

NOTHING CAN GO WRONG 20201122.jpg
Dave, it's obviously too late to get you this Dilbert sticker in time for Michiana Rocketry's launch event today, but if she survives (without Dilbert's helpful mojo), it will stack the odds in your favor on future launches. Send me your street address to [email protected] and I will put in the US mail to you immediately.
Bob Schultz

Dave, avoid the temptation t put them on as you get them.. Wait till you receive them all, sort them, then apply them. (You'll soon regret putting one two down, realizing they'll soon be covered by others.. trust me!)

Yeah but all the ones I got are super cool. (pssst they peel off neatly - don't ask how I know)

It flew. 4612' to apogee. Got hung up in a tree about 50' up. Called an arborist and $150 later I got it back. A bunch of the ULA stickers were partially or completely peeled off lol. I have great video of it so I'll be editing it and posting here.

What a day!!!

It flew. 4612' to apogee. Got hung up in a tree about 50' up. Called an arborist and $150 later I got it back. A bunch of the ULA stickers were partially or completely peeled off lol. I have great video of it so I'll be editing it and posting here.

What a day!!!

Bummer to hear about the ULA stickers, but at least they flew once. . . Sorry to hear about the recovery cost as well. . . that's a K motor!!!

Sandy.

Back