Steve Eves Full-Size Mercury-Redstone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grif Ingram

Reaction score
I heard a rumour this week that Steve Eves is working on a 1:1 scale Mercury-Redstone!!! Does anyone know anything about this?
Grif

No...but I would love to see some pictures! The fins alone would be HUGE.

I heard a rumour this week that Steve Eves is working on a 1:1 scale Mercury-Redstone!!! Does anyone know anything about this?
Grif

I've heard of plans to build a 1:1 scale Mercury-Redstone, but not one being built by Steve Eves. I mentioned the project in a public forum a while back, but had to kind of retract what I'd said because I'd heard about the plans in private and I'm not sure they were meant to be made public. So, I'll say no more about it right now. :)

-- Roger

Last edited:
I thought the rumour originated from Wedge Oldham with his post on I think compositerockets email list. (same motor combination as the full scale nike hurcules)

I'd ride it, but then, I'm clinically insane...:p Maybe Tater Schuld could comment on this one?
Grif

Whoever pays for the propellant and motor hardware?

If they pick a telemarketer to ride in it, I'm sure they'll have no problem finding people willing to make donations to pay for propellant. I'll provide the parachutes. Honest.

Back