Stealthie plans free for you

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shrox

Reaction score
stealthiepic.jpg

A free gift for you, just download here:

https://www.shrox.com/Stealthie1.zip A .PDF file.

Have fun!

I missed this earlier. Very nice!:)
Was this inspired by the Deltie?

Yes, since it was pretty close to that design I decided to give it away.

VERY cool! I just built a Deltie Thunder and absolutely love it. When I get a chance to build, I will take you up on this.

I thought it would be fun for people, I'd like to see a picture of a finished one.

Well Shrox, I just saw the other thread that said you weren't posting for awhile, but I hope your still reading.

Wanted to say thanks for posting these plans. Looks real cool and simple at the same time. I'm about to start building one in a moment. I love flat black paint, but haven't used it much. This should look great in flat black. I'll post pics when I'm done.

So everyone, what's the best way to make this fly? As a parasite glider or by adding a pod? I think I'm going to go with a pod.

Tim

I'm getting ready to put my stealthie together and was just wondering if I needed to airfoil any of the parts to help it glide?

I was hoping to keep the edges sharp and flat to keep that stealthie look, but I want it to fly also.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tim

If it flies like a Deltie, then no airfoiling is necessary. The Deltie does it by having you slightly warp the aft edge of the back wing. I haven't looked at these plans yet to see if shrox used the same method.

Thanks for the reply.
I actually built a Stealthie a while back, then bought a Deltie to see how it works, so I'll probably have to build a new Deltie if I want one that flies. The one I built looks cool though. I painted it flat black, then tried a cockpit with a silver paint pen and somehow smeared the silver all over it, so I put it up to paint again someday, and just haven't got back to it.

Tim

Originally posted by slim_t
Thanks for the reply.
I actually built a Stealthie a while back, then bought a Deltie to see how it works, so I'll probably have to build a new Deltie if I want one that flies. The one I built looks cool though. I painted it flat black, then tried a cockpit with a silver paint pen and somehow smeared the silver all over it, so I put it up to paint again someday, and just haven't got back to it.

Tim

Shhhhh...From what I hear, Edmonds will beat you with a mackerel if he hears that you painted one of his kits!

oh, no, no, no, no, no.
Put down the Mackeral. Step away from the Mackeral. :D
I painted the Stealthie, not the Deltie. Sorry for the confusion.
I'll try to get a pic of it later.

Tim

Anyone successfully converted the Stealthie into a boost glider or a parasite glider?

WW

Originally posted by SwingWing
Did ya ever get it outta that tree?

Yep, Sure did. I took it to NARAM and tried again. I tried to re-trim, but it still did the fly...flip...fly routine???? It was my first attempt at trimming....:rolleyes:

Back