• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Stealth6 is Selling Out! BIG Sale!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since it's first come first served, how about telling us when the sale will begin? Im assuming it will start this weekend sometime?

The plan is to go live with everything "this weekend". Likely Saturday night.

That said, posting/listing all this is going to be a huge effort. I've been getting it all ready....taking photos, pricing it all, writing out the text descriptions, etc........but even so, the "simple" act of just posting it all will likely take hours to accomplish. And as it is likely that questions and comments will be coming in all during that, well let's just say it will be hectic at best.

I wish there was some way that I could get it all uploaded and ready, and then to just hit "post" and it would all be live at a given moment, but as far as I know that is not possible on this forum. I can do this sort of thing on E(vil)bay, but not here (unless someone can show me how).

So, the best I can tell you as to when it all begins will be "this weekend". I'll do my best to make it clean and smooth, but it's going to be something of a madhouse regardless.

ssix

Very Sorry to hear you are leaving the hobby!

I wish you the Best of ALL things in whatever you choose to do in the future and will hopefully get to Welcome you back someday!

The plan is to go live with everything "this weekend". Likely Saturday night.

That said, posting/listing all this is going to be a huge effort. I've been getting it all ready....taking photos, pricing it all, writing out the text descriptions, etc........but even so, the "simple" act of just posting it all will likely take hours to accomplish. And as it is likely that questions and comments will be coming in all during that, well let's just say it will be hectic at best.

I wish there was some way that I could get it all uploaded and ready, and then to just hit "post" and it would all be live at a given moment, but as far as I know that is not possible on this forum. I can do this sort of thing on E(vil)bay, but not here (unless someone can show me how).

So, the best I can tell you as to when it all begins will be "this weekend". I'll do my best to make it clean and smooth, but it's going to be something of a madhouse regardless.

ssix

I just did some testing and... you can probably do a lot of pre-work to make the "big reveal" less effort-y. It looks like colors aren't supported by the "paste from word" function, but bold and italics are. What I would do is write up a Word doc (and this is probably for the best so that if something happens and your browser bonks, you don't lose your work and curse loudly). Put all the listing info that you want into it. Format it as well as you can. Save it. When you want to post everything, just copy and paste from your word doc, adjusting as necessary. Pictures won't come in as far as I can tell; you'll need to upload those manually, and I think there's a limit of 10 pics per post. You could either post them in Area 51 ahead of time (then they're available as attachments, but people might see it and start asking questions, because people are like that). Or you could just create a directory with subfolders for each post (e.g. "post 1 pictures", "Post 2 pictures", etc).

I'm a firm believer in maximizing pre-work for something like this.

Good luck with everything, and I hope your rocketless journey takes you wonderful places.

I just did some testing and... you can probably do a lot of pre-work to make the "big reveal" less effort-y. It looks like colors aren't supported by the "paste from word" function, but bold and italics are. What I would do is write up a Word doc (and this is probably for the best so that if something happens and your browser bonks, you don't lose your work and curse loudly). Put all the listing info that you want into it. Format it as well as you can. Save it. When you want to post everything, just copy and paste from your word doc, adjusting as necessary. Pictures won't come in as far as I can tell; you'll need to upload those manually, and I think there's a limit of 10 pics per post. You could either post them in Area 51 ahead of time (then they're available as attachments, but people might see it and start asking questions, because people are like that). Or you could just create a directory with subfolders for each post (e.g. "post 1 pictures", "Post 2 pictures", etc).

I'm a firm believer in maximizing pre-work for something like this.

Good luck with everything, and I hope your rocketless journey takes you wonderful places.

Yep, I did this. I also kept all items in an Excel file to cut/paste tables and manage responses.

You have a few options. You can do the whole thing in BBcode in a text editor, then paste it into TRF and post. You can make a placeholder thread (or use this one) and open multiple advanced reply tabs, make your several posts, then hit post on successive tabs. Or you can try to compile it all into one new thread, which will work if you host the pictures off-site.

Post at 1am. It's a bit thin in here around then and you shouldn't be too interrupted.

Coding and image linking is fairly simple, pasting it all in would be a hassle, but the fastest way.

Stealth.......first I would like to say, you will be missed around here. I for one, have enjoyed your presence over the years.

2nd; It's your sale, YOU set the ground rules. If you wish, you can make it as simple as this:

I will be posting all my items, send no correspondence till I SAY I am finished & ready. Any one sending inquires until then will be Ignored.

Then at the appointed time respond to inquiries. Anything you get before then.........simply delete.

I will say this, apparently you have an overwhelming amount of goodies. From experience I HIGHLY recommend breaking it up. Maybe 10-15 items at a time. Deal with those before continuing Put a time limit for accepting payment, such as: payment must be received within 24-48 hrs or item will go to next person. Waiting a week for payment, can drive you nutz, just keeping track.

Make it CLEAR all inquiries should include full shipping & payment info. This will save you tons of time & many items of correspondence going back and forth.

It is such a pleasure doing business with folks that have previously sold/bought items, they understand all this, and their first contact usually consists of: Hi ...I would like item X, my full name...addresss...PP account info for invoicing...ph# or e-mail if needed. Bang your done.
Simple and easy.
It will save your sanity! Lol

By the way, I have let that info when received from the 2nd inline, override the first....if the first was vague & time is of the essence.

Last edited:
You ought to consider using Ebay. Their process works. It's good for both sellers and buyers. You maximize what you get. If someone wants a particular item, they can bid higher for it. They don't have to worry that something they really want will be gone before they see it. Sure, you will annoy some on this forum who want to get a rock bottom price on some really good stuff, but it would give you a lot less grief overall.

Good luck however you do it.

Joe

You ought to consider using Ebay. Their process works. It's good for both sellers and buyers. You maximize what you get...

True, the market (at the time of the auction) will determine the value. In many cases that will be more than what you can get from TRF since there is a larger pool (many many millions) of potential buyers using eBay than TRF. There are 21,062 TRF members, not sure how many are active though. On the flip side, there may be TRF buyers that have no interest in eBay but that would purchase your item on the forum for an equally competitive price. In that case, you will save eBay's 10% final value fee (plus any other fees), as well as the 2.9% PayPal fee (unless you use PayPal's friends and family category or accept a check or MO).

I too am gearing up for a low power kit reduction sale and will likely use eBay simply because I think I will get more competitive pricing in the open marketplace (less the 13% or so) than I would in the forum.

For buyers, eBay reduces the "will I receive my item and will it be as advertised" anxiety out of the transaction because they offer buyer protection.

As much as I hate paying eBay fees, I do think it works fairly well for LPR kits and builds. Once you get into the HPR realm though, not so much. We really are a niche market. Heck I think Preston Nobile, Eric Cayemberg and myself play musical chairs with reloads (and I'm usually the odd man out).

... Once you get into the HPR realm though, not so much. We really are a niche market...

I would agree. A hybrid option is to list on eBay while posting a notice on TRF. For the buyer, there is not a downside since the sellers pay the eBay and PayPal fee.

Rocketryauction.com is free and you can post there and accept paypal payments. Post each auction here.

You also might think of selling everything for one price - so bribe might bite and make it easy on you

And so it begins.....................

I'm going to start by listing all the complete/built rockets (with the associated peripherals as optional add-ons) first. Please note that all those "extras" will be available as "a la carte" items later, if they don't sell with a completed rocket.

I'm listing 27 complete rockets in all (well some of them are actually mostly complete, but you get the idea). All the individual bits.....avionics, chutes, parts, hardware, etc......will follow in the next couple of days.

Please do not post any comments here on the forum until I get all the rockets listed. I want to keep the thread fairly clean so that folks can see all of what is on offer in one area without sifting through pages of comments. I'll let you know when it's "safe" to post again. Thank you for your cooperation on this.

I will NOT be able to respond to queries until all the rockets get listed......which may take many hours. As well, I'm actually at work some today through Monday, so again my response time may be delayed. Send all your queries/offers/etc. to my email, NOT as a PM here on the forum. Use.....sixtysixrockets "at" gmail "dot" com. You will be prioritized in order of emails received in that box.

Let the madness commence.

ssix

Last edited:
W(er)C (semi kit-bashed Wildman WildChild) 38mm x 32”----
Great little FWFG whoosh-pop rocket. Simple and fun. Flies great on most anything. Setup as standard motor eject, single deploy. Thinwall airframe and FWFG nosecone. Build quality is pretty good. This rocket has a TON of flights on it, and has the scrapes and such to show for it, but it's still in amazingly good shape. Can't go wrong with this great rocket.
Can include a pretty good RockSim file for it. I mostly fly this on F/G motors between 1100' and 3000' but it can fly on E's in small fields, or H/I motors upwards of 8000' if you care to (and have a good tracker!).

Included:

29mm AeroPack retainer body, kevlar shock cord, kevlar blanket, rail buttons.

NOT INCLUDED (but "goes with this rocket" and can be bought as an option):
29mm AeroPack retainer cap............sold
24" TopFlite ThinMil parachute.................sold

Asking price..........$60
SOLD!

Last edited:
ULAR (scratch built) 2.6” x 58”----
BlueTube airframe (and fins!), plastic nosecone. Nosecone has a tracker bay built into it. Unique feature is subtle, but the tail end of this rocket tapers down to match the OD of the motor mount. The construction of this was pretty complicated as it tapers along the area that the (heavily shaped) tube fins are attached. Also features a cool paint job. Good to very good build quality. I did have to add a lot of nose weight for stability. Pretty good shape, flown just 4 or 5 times.
RockSim file is something of a rough estimate, as it’s not possible to “build” something in Rocksim quite like this (the shaped tube fins, the tapered tail under it, etc.). Still, flies straight and true to a reasonable simmed altitude. H/I/J motors betwee 1800’ and 6000’.

Included:

38mm threaded SlimLine retainer body, kevlar recovery harnesses, nomex blankets, rail buttons,
AV bay includes sled, rails, charge wells, terminal blocks, wiring, hardware, and Featherweight screw switch.

38mm Slimline retainer threaded cap............$8
68” custom THIN parachute.................$38
15” custom drogue……………..$6
Adept22 altimeter..................$20

Asking price..........$68
SOLD!

Last edited:
(blame it on the) Blackstar (bashed Wildman Darkstar ) 3” x 86”----
It would be hard to get a nicer/better/cooler rocket than this. FWFG rocket with metal tip nosecone, and matching tailcone retainer. This rocket (Darkstar) is “my favorite rocket” for a ton of flyers out there, and for good reason. This one is extremely well built and in great shape. Set up for redundant avionics, and tapped for a camera shroud. This was my L2 certification flyer.
RockSim file is very accurate. Excellent flyer on 54mm J/K/L motors, 5000 to 15,000’ (and beyond).

Included:

54mm Aeropack retainer WITH tailcone cap, kevlar recovery harnesses, nomex blankets, quicklinks, rail buttons. Also includes custom ripstop/mylare “sparkle” drogue streamer.
AV bay includes sled, rails, wiring, hardware, charge wells, battery holders, terminal blocks, switches, etc.).

102” custom “DZX” chute.................$80
RRC2+ altimeter……………….$30
RRC3 altimeter…………………$45
Landru 3D printed camera shroud (for Mobius)………..$9

Asking price..........$260
SOLD!

Last edited:
Phantic (kit bashed Hawk Mountain Raptor) 1.4” x 49”----
Pretty unique rocket, and very cool. Hawk Mountain has a slightly different take on “minimum diameter”…..basically the airframe is just big enough to accept a 29mm motor mount (without centering rings), so the OD of the rocket is actually a bit bigger than most “minimum diameter”. But…..it’s also thinwall fiberglass tubing (way before anyone else was doing it), and the OD just happens to match exactly the OD of a SlimLine retainer. So, you get a really nice and easy to use retainer on this min. diam. rocket (if you choose to add one, which I did). Beyond that, the nose cone is molded fiberglass rather than filament wound, and it’s very light. And they use cool orange colored resin, so the unpainted look is also unique.
I added the retainer, and I also added a bit of coupler so that this rocket can use a 29mm Featherweight AV bay and Raven. I also chose to put in rail buttons, since this isn’t “really” a minimum diameter bird.
Alas, the active bulkhead on my AV bay went on the fritz and I never got to fly this rocket. It’s SO CLOSE! Build quality is excellent, and of course it is in “new” condition.
RockSim file is good, flies on 29mm F/G/H/I motors between 1000’ and 7000’ (and beyond?).

Included:
29mm SlimLine threaded retainer body, kevlar recovery harnesses, Kevlar/nomex blankets, rail buttons.

29mm SlimLine retainer cap............$6
24” TopFlite ThinMil parachute.................sold
Raven altimeter..................sold
Featherweight 29mm AV bay……………I’ll sell you mine, which is not working quite right, for $10??

Asking price..........$89

Phantic pics.jpg

Last edited:
Khap Suhl (scratch built) 2.6” X 27”----
Yes, this one is a bit "unusual". "Fins" are discs that are parallel to the airframe, and attached via carbon fiber rods. Does it actually fly? Of course! In fact it flies pretty well.
29mm motor, single deploy, motor eject. Heavy card airframe, aircraft ply fins. You DO want to have soft landing surfaces and a big chute when flying this. It's only flown three times, and is in excellent condition.
Can include a pretty good RockSim file. I've only flown/simmed this on F/G motors between 800' and 1400' or so, but it's capable beyond that.

Included:
Kevlar shock cord, 29mm SlimLine retainer body (threaded style), kevlar chute protecter, rail buttons.

29mm SlimLine threaded ring............$6
63" custom parachute (thin mil ripstop, similar to Rocketman)..........$28

Asking price..........$44
SOLD!

P1020740.jpgP1020766.jpgP1020749.jpg

Last edited:
FENTON! (a kit-bashed RW Formula75) 3” x 48”----
Nice "working man's" rocket, 3" FWFG, 38mm motor. I built an AV bay into the nosecone, with a
pocket that fits a GPS tracker if you want (I used a BRB900). Built with using a CableCutter in mind, but of course could be flown single deploy no problem. Used "twist/tape" method for switching on/off, wires come out the nose cone. This rocket has a lot of flights, and is "well used". Of note is that one fin popped loose on a hard landing and was repaired, in somewhat "utilitarian fashion". That repair (the fillet) has since developed another crack. It flies just fine as is, and I've flown it in such condition a bunch of times with no issues. But do be aware this is by no means a showroom piece; it's a working rocket, kinda like buying an old pickup truck that works great but ain't pretty.
Can include a RockSim file that's decently accurate. Flies on H/I/J motors from 1100'-6300'.

Included:
38mm AeroPack retainer body, kevlar recovery harness, 12" nomex blanket, stainless steel quicklink, rail buttons.

38mm Aeropack cap............sold
RRC2+ altimeter.........sold
63" custom parachute (thin mil ripstop, similar to Rocketman)..........sold
15" custom drogue chute.........sold

Asking price..........$78
SOLD!

Last edited:
Cousin Oskaar (a kit-bashed Wildman Sport) 54mm x 32”----
Simple, basic, easy, and fun. 29mm motor, lightweight FWFG with polycarbonate nosecone. Build quality is good; nothing spectacular but well done. Unpainted. I've flown this a bunch, but it's still in excellent condition. Set up for motor deploy (single), but would be a great rocket to convert to dual deploy with perhaps a ChuteRelease. My current favorite whooshpop rocket.
Can include a good Rocksim file. Flies great on F/G motors between 1000' and 3000', but of course could go bigger if you dare.

Included:

29mm AeroTech retainer body, kevlar recovery harness, 9" nomex blanket, quicklink, rail buttons.

29mm AeroTech retainer cap............sold
36" Spherachute.................sold
SOLD!

Last edited:
Even Gene (kit-bashed Wildman WildChild) 38mm x 36”----
This started as a WildChild and I added a payload section and converted it to dual deploy. Lightweight FWFG airframe, molded fibreglass nosecone. Has a coupler installed that is meant to take/use a Featherweight 38mm AV bay and Raven altimeter. Build quality is pretty good. Has a modest/fair amount of flights, but still in pretty good to very good shape. I flew it a bunch before I had any trackers, and so made the sparkle streamer for a drogue; works great on sunny days to help keep your eye on the descent.
Can include a good RockSim file for it. Flies well on G/H motors between 1000' and 5000', and can take some I motors upwards of 6000'.

Included:

Custom made mylar/ripstop streamer (sparkles in the sun), kevlar shock cords, kevlar and nomex blankets, rail buttons, 24mm AeroPack retainer body.
Note: the included kevlar shock cords are a bit short, you might want to lengthen or replace them.

NOT INCLUDED
(but "goes with this rocket" and can be bought as an option):
29mm AeroPack retainer cap............sold
24" nylon parachute................sold
Raven altimeter......................sold
Featherweight 38mm AVbay..................$34

SOLD!

Last edited:
Fioravante (Formula 98) 4” x 62”----
Extremely well built 4” FWFG rocket with lots of attention to detail. Excellent build quality and very good to excellent condition. AV bay is set up (with two Landru 3D printed sleds) for redundant avionics. This is a great rocket for dramatic/thrilling launches.
RockSim file is great, and flies on 54mm J/K motors from 3000’ to 6000’.

Included:
54mm Aeropack retainer body, kevlar recovery harnesses, nomex blankets, quicklinks, rail buttons.
AV bay and include two Landru 3D printed sleds, with switches, wiring, charge wells, terminal blocks, hardware)

54mm AeroPack cap…………sold
7’ Rocketman chute.................sold
24” ripstop drogue…………….sold
Raven altimeter..................sold
RRC2+ altimeter……………….sold

Asking price..........$230

Last edited:
Hanzalova (Wildman Punisher) 3” x 52”----
One of the greatest rockets you will ever own. 54mm motor, 3" FWFG construction, HED-end deployment (with special polycarbonate nose cone). Very sweet. I can't say enough how cool a rocket this is.
I set this up for redundant dual-deploy electronics, and screw switches. I taped a tracker to the apogee harness. The build quality is excellent, though it is still unpainted. Note that the airframe is two pieces spliced together. This is due to a crash landing and rebuild (the fincan was fine, and I cut off the top half of the airframe and spliced on a new piece. the nosecone and avbay are all new/replaced).
Can include a RockSim file, that was done by CrazyJim and is "stock". This rocket can take ANYTHING that you can stuff into it. H/I/J/K motors, 2000' to 12,000' and beyond.

Included:
54mm AeroPack retainer body, kevlar recovery harnesses, dual nomex blankets, quicklinks, rail buttons.
Note that AV bay includes sled, rails, switches, terminal blocks, quick-release wiring, battery holders, all hardware.

NOT INCLUDED
(but "goes with this rocket" and can be bought as an option):
54mm AeroPack retainer cap............sold
36" Fruity Chute w/swivel................sold
15" custom drogue chute...............sold
Stratologger altimeter..................sold
RRC2+ altimeter........................sold

Asking price..........$225
SOLD!

Last edited:
Luci (scratch built) 3” x 37”----
If you want a great night flyer, here you go. Glass wrapped cardboard airframe (and the fiberglass is glow in the dark!), special translucent plastic nose cone, AC ply fins (also painted with glow in the dark paint). Tons of LED lights that can be controlled with a wireless remote for endless colors, patterns, and “chases”. The build quality is solid, not necessarily meant to be pretty in the daytime, but well done for the intended job. Absolutely spectacular at night!
This has not flown yet, and so is in great condition. It was actually a rebuild of an earlier version of this, and I haven’t yet had a chance to get it up in the dark sky. But the previous version flew great. Single/motor deploy.
The RockSim file is actually from the older version, and therefore not 100 percent accurate, but it should do, and could easily be updated. Flies on 29mm G/H/I motors 800’ to 2000’.

Included:
Lots of lights!, and a remote controller. Six full length RGB LED strips, a NiteBow unit in the nose cone, and “finger LEDs” on the fins. Estes 29mm motor retainer (complete), rail buttons, Kevlar shock cord.

58” custom “DZX” chute.................$34

Asking price..........$88
SOLD!

Last edited:
Duwahn Vare (scratch built) 2.1” x 50”----
Needs a bit of work. This rocket has flown a lot of flights, and has the bumps and bruises to show for it (repaired multiple times). BlueTube airframe, AC ply fins, plastic nosecone. Nicely done subtle tailcone. Build quality is pretty decent (but it was an early build for me). The main issue that keeps it grounded at the moment is that due to a zipper and the loss of some of the fincan airframe, the coupler/bay no longer inserts all the way into the airframe. It will need some extensions. Also got paint splattered in a “house remodeling accident”. All that said, with a bit of love and care, this rocket could easily be great again. It’s a “fixer upper”.
RockSim file is good (but a bit optimistic), flies (or flew) great on 29mm G/H/I motors between 1000’ and 4000’.

Included:
29mm threaded SlimLine retainer body, kevlar recovery harnesses, rail buttons.
AV bay includes: sled, rails, hardware, wiring, charge wells, terminal blocks, and a Featherweight screw switch.

38mm Slimline retainer threaded cap............Sold
30” Topflite parachute.................$8
15” drogue…………………..$4
Adept22 altimeter..................$20

Asking price..........$30
SOLD!

Last edited:
Back