Status of Aerotech 54mm floating forward closure and spacer system

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_H

Reaction score
Does anyone know the current status of the Aerotech 54mm floating forward closure system?

I heard that it might be in a current change?

I am looking for this system, and cannot find it in stock. I am looking for a plugged floating forward closure with the spacer system, and am unsure why Aerotech does not supply them with this? (Aerotech are you listening?)

Anyone know where to get one of these?

Cheers.

Does anyone know the current status of the Aerotech 54mm floating forward closure system?

I heard that it might be in a current change?

I am looking for this system, and cannot find it in stock. I am looking for a plugged floating forward closure with the spacer system, and am unsure why Aerotech does not supply them with this? (Aerotech are you listening?)

Anyone know where to get one of these?

Cheers.

Have you written to Aerotech customer service?

On a recent visit to Wildman Rocketry, they had several 54mm spacers. Since AFAIK Aerotech only sells those as a set, I'm assuming they have the remainder of the parts that make a set.

I would like to get one spacer - just one spacer as I bought a new 54mm motor with the RAS closure. If you get a set and don't want the second standard spacer it comes from, shoot me a price please.

I need the standard closure. I do not need it tapped...
You said in your original post that you wanted a plugged one. The plugged ones are all tapped. At any rate, Sirius says they have the standard 54mm RAS (comes with a standard forward floating closure) in stock.

Maybe I don't understand what you want.

You said in your original post that you wanted a plugged one. The plugged ones are all tapped. At any rate, Sirius says they have the standard 54mm RAS (comes with a standard forward floating closure) in stock.

Maybe I don't understand what you want.

Sorry. I created this post, as all of the information I have seen about this product has been kind of sketchy. For instance, I was not aware that tho only plugged ones are tapped. In the stock photos, there is a recess shown on the top of the closure, but there is no view of whether it has a hole or not.
From what I have searched, there are still questions. And, some words that say that there may be a revision going on? I do not know. Some of the people I ask did not really know.

Seems like an awesome piece, though.

Back