State representation for Tour d' Duece

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacecowboy

Reaction score
Here it is, almost finished. I need to touch up some bad masks, affix the "decals" - *gack * and clear coat.

Guess which state ?

The bummer is that this bird's maiden flight is probably going to be in Missourri in mid-March.

OMG!

I Love it!

And I just had a HORRIBLE idea! a horribly WONDERFUL idea!

It would be a HOOT if there were interest with any one individual from each sponsored state to build and decorate a Deuce's Wild such as this! (even if you have already flown the TDD in your state), then to have a collage of these Deuce's in a photo...

would make one HECK of a great T-shirt for when the tour is concluded...

man, too many ideas burning inside my head! LOL

Originally posted by spacecowboy
Here it is, almost finished. I need to touch up some bad masks, affix the "decals" - *gack * and clear coat.

Guess which state ?

The bummer is that this bird's maiden flight is probably going to be in Missourri in mid-March.

First off, why is it a bummer to launch this bird in Missouri?? Huh? Huh? Hope you have hotel reservations.... (For those of you not in the know, space cowboy is coming up to launch with me. We will be doing the Missouri leg of the TDD)

Secondly, to Jim, now I'll have to buy another Deuce to do the Missouri paint thing!!! Y'all ever notice how Jim comes up w/ these ideas to get us to buy more and more rockets from him? Just kidding of course...;) :p :D

Space, my Deuce is going to kick you Deuce's a**!!!:D

LOL!!!

bmhiii

Originally posted by jflis
It would be a HOOT if there were interest with any one individual from each sponsored state to build and decorate a Deuce's Wild such as this! (even if you have already flown the TDD in your state), then to have a collage of these Deuce's in a photo...

50 Deuces painted with the 50 state flag / colors........... Good idea........ Only one problem....... I'll have to make ANOTHER order to FlisKits for ANOTHER deuce......... :D :D

another idea, everyone that is going to the April launch at Whitakers bring your states Deuce and we launch them all at the same time............

Guess which state ?

Why, pardner, them is TEXXASSS colors!!
All ya need is a white 'Lone Star' in that there blue field, and it'll look prettier'n a new-borned steer!

(And a fine job you did painting it, too!)

Wow...this just brings a tear to my eye. :eek: The good 'ol Tour de Deuce mascot itself would be proud. It now humbly sits, autographed by Mr. Flis himself, at the bottom of a pond. :(

Very cool! That's really awesome! Hmm...here's another thought - in another thread, perhaps the Tour de Deuce thread itself, someone mentioned the possibility of having an ALL OUT Deuce marathon where at the last launch everyone could come up to NH to fly their Deuce. Well, seeing how it may not be possible for everyone to attend, how about everyone ship their "state" Deuce up there and we'll have Jim fly them and sign them for you! :D Of course, Jason and I will be up there so we could handle the prepping seeing how we may only bring ourselves. It's certainly *just* a thought on how to get everyone involved AND have their Deuce signed! :D (All of this assuming Jim agrees. :D )

Darn, forgot to add a picture....

This was my 24mm upscale scratch Deuce. I spent a great deal of time polishing this bird. It was absolutely flawless in paint and in flight.

Originally posted by eugenefl
how about everyone ship their "state" Deuce up there and we'll have Jim fly them and sign them for you! :D Of course, Jason and I will be up there so we could handle the prepping seeing how we may only bring ourselves. It's certainly *just* a thought on how to get everyone involved AND have their Deuce signed! :D (All of this assuming Jim agrees. :D )

I like the idea Eugene......... So what do you say Mr. Jim?????

Originally posted by Rocketmaniac
Good idea........ Only one problem....... I'll have to make ANOTHER order to FlisKits for ANOTHER deuce......... :D :D

problem? *I* don't see no problem!

:D :D

Well, had I known that my idea of a "state flag" Duece would indirectly result in Jim selling another 50 Dueces, maybe I should have asked for a *kick-back* in advance. Of course, Congress would investigate. . . .

Then again, maybe I really should have taken that career path into sales !

bmhiii. . . .you oughta know by know, Texans don't take kindly to fightin' words.

powder. . . .Ain't done with this yet, I said "almost finished". Lone Star decals up next. paint job ain't as great as it looks, pretty sure there is going to be a Lone Star Duece's Wild II down the road. Painting NINE separate flags on this thing, according to the state statute dimensions was NO EASY CHORE.
p.s. I sort of feel sorry for everybody but Alabama, Alaska, and New Mexico. All the rest of the union states have state seals on the flag. Have fun with them Decals !

And just to rub it in, cuz I'm Texan, yessiree, Texas is the only state in the union that was actually its own country at one time.

Well fellas....

I have a DW just primered and ready for paint. But I kinda got in on TRF after this whole thing was started.

I'd LOVE to paint it up in "Oklahoma Style" but I'm not on the official schedule for the TDD. A Mr. Mike Doyle in Tulsa is the Oklahoma launcher/host. I don't want to step on any toes here, but I'd be willing for the OK state represenative DW.

What do you think Jim? Should I contact Mike Doyle or let him take the reins?

John

And just to rub it in, cuz I'm Texan, yessiree, Texas is the only state in the union that was actually its own country at one time.

yea, yea, yea.... ...as I understand it, they've talked about spliting Alaska in half and make Texas the 3rd largest state...

...keep it up...

:D :D :D :D

Originally posted by OKTurbo
What do you think Jim? Should I contact Mike Doyle or let him take the reins?

Heck, it never hurts to ask, and this is more of a *group* project than anything else. The more the merrier and he may enjoy the help and company :)

Hi Space cowboy.
I have visited down there a few times, & like Jim said, that's a nice little state you have down there.
I like the state flag idea. Seems like a fun project.
Of course if what happened to Eugene's Duece is any indication, I'm not sure I'll have Jim sign mine! Sounds like a curse to me!

Just so happens I'm working on a 24mm DW upscale now to take to the Alabama TDD. It would be oh so easy to paint it similar to the state flag. White with a few red x's shouldn't be too hard. :)
I'll see what I can do. :D
You guys don't mind if it's a bit bigger than stock do you?

Actually, this one will have onboard video, so maybe after I'm done with it, I'll build a stock one also, unless the SEARS guys want to do it.

Either way, Alabama will have at least 1 representative DW.

Tim

Let me see how much commotion, trouble, and havoc I can cause.

Looking at the post, let's see....

I've got Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas (times 2, yeah bmhiii is an Arkansawyer), Florida, So. Carolina, and Oklahoma. (Oklahoma don't count). One entry from Alaska. Where's that ?

One entry from NH (Sorry, Jim).

THE SOUTH IS RISING AGAIN !!!!

BRANG IT ON !!!!
(and our rockets look better too, and I'm talking about the female types. . . . I crack me up)

Well Ladies and Gents,

Here is Lone Star Duece's Wild.

All it needs now is some semi-gloss clear coat. Lemme tell ya, 2 hours cutting out star decals was a real charm. And it's funny how the curve of the BT so badly distorts an otherwise perfect Lone Star in a pic.

She's gonna be ready for TDD !!!!

WOW... that is absolutely beautiful spacecowboy...brings a tear to my eye!

Now, not to give away my speech for the final launch, but there's one thing that I have to say. I never thought that when I came up with the idea for this project and started working on it, I never thought that it would bring *this* much excitement to it! For people to paint their DW's like this is amazing - I'm considering not painting mine in the FL colors. I might pass that on to someone else, to see what they can come up with!

Great job spacecowboy!

Jason

The excitement and support that everyone has brought to this tour is nothing short of amazing. The creativity, the desire to be a part of it all and the desire for each volunteer to make *their* tour stop the best one is just incredible.

I am proud to be a part of this :) And I thank everyone involved!

Originally posted by jflis
The excitement and support that everyone has brought to this tour is nothing short of amazing. The creativity, the desire to be a part of it all and the desire for each volunteer to make *their* tour stop the best one is just incredible.

I am proud to be a part of this :) And I thank everyone involved!

Yeah - What Jim and Jason said! Me too! I agree! Ditto!

I think what intrigues me the most is everyone's willingness to participate even if they aren't a volunteer for a certain state. I'm all for blowing this project out of proportion. Heck, this weekend we're going to attempt to launch 12 Deuces off simultaneously. I can already see the day when twice that or triple that go off. Clubs will roll out of the woodworks with Frankenstein looking Deuces and people will be afraid - really afraid. What a monster... LOL!

hey Vance in AK,

when you get your Alaska Deuce ready to paint, you could use camo colors to match the surrounding colors up there in Alaska ---- white, overall ---- but you'd never find it after you launch?

Well, I have started the construction of my SC Deuce....... I thought that I had to order one from Jim, but the other day I found a un-opened Deuce in a box of several un-built kits...... don't worry Jim, I'll still order another one soon.........

Back