Starting over...sort of.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captbk

Reaction score
I have been "out" of the hobby for a couple years now. After the wife retiring, the budget got a whole lot tighter and I found I cant do High Power stuff (level 2) like I used to.
So where are the best prices for low power motors? I will be flying mostly D's thru G's. I have 24mm and 29mm reloadable hardware so I can save a little on reloads. I am also trying to avoid Hazmat fees buy sticking to the smaller motors and ground shipping. Thanks.

Hobby Lobby (and maybe Michaels) has decent prices if you have a store nearby. ACSupply is good online. I have done well with HobbyLinc.com, (not to be confused with Hobby Lobby.)

To my knowledge, Hobby Lobby is one of the only online vendors where you can get up to F size black powder motors without the hefty Hazmat charge, their standard shipping is $7.99. It jumps another $27 if you go to a G (which is as high as they go.)

Give Loki Research a try, many 38mm motors with no Hazmat link in my signature, also csrocketry.com. And for LPR acsupplyco.com is all that needs to be said.

TA

Back