Starting a Club for building and flying

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeJsDad

Reaction score
I am in Greensboro NC and the closest club to me is 1.5hrs away. That is not bad and the guys are awesome. The weather also wreaks havoc on launches because if it the ground is wet we cannot fly there.

I was wondering if there are any folks in my area who may be interested in starting a club focused on building a flying MPRs and smaller. I have a nice work shop (once I get it cleaned up) that is set up for composite building with a curing over, vacuum system and some other useful tools.

I would be happy to share my composite knowledge and help folks build some fiberglass or carbon fiber rockets. I taught a two day composite building class to the club I was flying with a bunch of years back. We had a ball and build some nice rockets.

I have a field near the house (2miles) where we could fly MMX and LPRs. Possibly some MPR saucers.

Drop me a note if this appeals to anyone.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Just getting back into rocketry and in the Greensboro area. I'm looking to connect with others in the area (closer than ROCC and Bayboro). I'd love to chat about some opportunities for meetups, builds, collaborations, etc. I'm fortunate enough to have access to some great tools and work spaces but feel community is really the most fulfilling part. Let me know if you'd like to grab a coffee and chat.

Sebastian

My company has all of its maintenance done at GSO and I'm theee pretty often for a few days at a time. I'd love to meet up for some.lunch or coffee and talk rockets and composites.

That would be great. I work down at UNCG and usually kick off for an hour or so and head down to Tate street coffee around noon. Let me know a day and time that might work for you.

Hey Guys, I am working over in Winston but it is Mon-Fri so I have my weekends for building and flying. I have been building quite a few RC glider lately simply because I can fly them by myself or with my best Bud. ROCC is having a launch 9on the 22nd I plan to attend.

I have a handful of rockets I am anxious to test fly. I am also working on a 2.5M sailplane so I am always building. I could get together after work or in the evening. I have a small curing oven, a vacuums system and a bunch of materials like carbon fiber and fiberglass.

If you want to get in touch drop me a PM and I will send you my cell #.

Paul

Hey Guys, I am working over in Winston but it is Mon-Fri so I have my weekends for building and flying. I have been building quite a few RC glider lately simply because I can fly them by myself or with my best Bud. ROCC is having a launch 9on the 22nd I plan to attend.

I have a handful of rockets I am anxious to test fly. I am also working on a 2.5M sailplane so I am always building. I could get together after work or in the evening. I have a small curing oven, a vacuums system and a bunch of materials like carbon fiber and fiberglass.

If you want to get in touch drop me a PM and I will send you my cell #.

Paul

Hey Paul. I’d enjoy meeting up and talking shop sometime. Evenings after 5 would work for me. Weekends are kinda busy this month. I’d also like to attend the ROCC event this month. It’s been years since I’ve been down there. Ultimately it would be great get a club or group started in this area. In terms of building and meeting the Forge in GSO might be a neat space. I’m pretty friendly with the director and might be able to work something out there.

I’ll message you my number and email. Might be easier to communicate through that.

hope to talk soon!

Back