Started my modified Custom Rockets Fiesta.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deepblueska

Reaction score
Started work on my modified Fiesta by Custom Rockets.
Filled spirals and fins to start and may begin on the boat-tail.
Lots of plans for the fins and the recovery system as well as increased performance through weight reduction.

Attachments

• 20220810_202733.jpg
    20220810_202733.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Sorry about the delay... life....
Started paint. Mostly happy although the boattail looks a little rougher than I was hoping. Altitudes should be fine though.
Opted to not add Aztec designs to the fins, that may happen later. I kinda wanna compare altitudes between boattail and no engine hook with non-boattail and engine hook. Modifications can follow that experiment.
Final paint, decals and beauty shots to follow soon.

Attachments

• 20220830_165939.jpg
    20220830_165939.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
So... Paint has gone particularly bad and will involve lots of sanding to get back to a good base. I should be back on track by mid-week (with photos).
Inspiration, however, is still going full steam ahead and I've ordered two more Custom kits as well as some parts for a personal design project. More to come.

I think a lot of people miss how much fun you can have with a cheap kit. When I see simple rockets on sale I always grab a couple just to have them for when I want something quick to build. Gives you the opportunity to do things like mess around with fins, boat tails, tube lengths, design, internal baffles, etc. etc. and there is something to be said for burning up cheap A motors.

Back