Starlight Rockets?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juaru

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has ever built or flown any rockets from Starlight? (other than me).

I've built and flown a couple of them, look for a review of the Queeze-Bee soon on EMRR, but I'd also like to know what others think of these kits.

As for the kits I've built, both had very nice tubes and nose cones. The fins were laser cut and made from nice balsa. A cool thing is that the body tubes are premarked, so theres no paper wrap to tape on the tube. 2 problems with the kits. The directions are well written and in a logical order, but the pictures look like they were drawn by a 10 year old. They are useful, but make the feel of the entire kit "seem" cheap. Also, the shroud lines on the parachutes are dangerously thin. I just change 'em out with a Rockethead chute, but that's one of the caveats of being a vendor, I've got a supply room full of parts and kits to choose from!

Anyway, not trying to drum up business, just interested in other opinions.

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

I just built the Sparrow last night. I don't think the fins are laser cut, but rather hand cut.

I agree on the instructions, the placement of the launch lug was a little unclear. I found the kit very easy to build.

Overall, I'm pleased with the kit. I'm looking forwart to painting and launching it.

Instructions are those pieces of paper that come with a model rocket kit. You know, the once that you glance at and throw away....

;-)

Originally posted by astronboy
Instructions are those pieces of paper that come with a model rocket kit. You know, the once that you glance at and throw away....

;-)

Is there flame proof printer paper? I need to research that. I think I'd like to have instructions printed on flame proof paper to all it to then be used as wadding... How's that for innovation. They do make Nomex paper, but if you have multiple pages of instructions it could get expensive.

Oh, yes. Looking forward to hearing some reviews on these kits. I've seen them in SR and a jonrockets.com (I think).

Nick

I am about to build 2 Starlight rockets, the Spike & F-32 Avenger

I did a search on these here and didnt come up with anything so im planing on doing a little kit review. Now im a born again newbie so this will be my first try on making a review.

Dan

Great. Our forms make it easy so I will help.

Nick

Back