Starlab Stabilizer Ring

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jransbottom

Reaction score
Hi All:

Starting to put the parts together to clone the Estes Starlab but I can't figure out what size tubing the stabilizer ring is made out of. It's listed as SBT-394AJ and the part number is 30449 which makes me believe it is BT-101, but does anyone know for certain? Can somebody measure theirs and let me know? If it is BT-101, how long is it?

Thanks in advance.

JR

that means it's 3.94 O.D. ........so it's Bt-101.. now hopefully someone knows the length

I'm guessing SBT stands for Saturn Body Tube?

jransbottom,
Fancy meeting you here. Welcome to TRF, you're gonna love it here. While I can't answer your current question, somebody will. Again welcome, and don't forget to post pictures when your done.

Yup, mine was 1 inch. Always liked that model. Especially the little "docked" shuttle/liftingbody that went into the motor mount for display....but then I never did get around to building a display stand that would hold it "upside down" before the rocket finally met it's demise some years back.....

Dave

Back