Star Wars Light Sabre

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwhittak

Reaction score
Ok, I am sure this is not an original idea, but cant find any postings

Has anyone put up a LightSabre? I was dualing with my son a few weeks ago, when we both decided that we could make one fly. Project is going well, and did a rock-sim on her. Would love some other feedback or success stories.

May the impulse be with you

C:kill:

Haven't done a light sabre, but I have launched a plastic baseball bat. I call it the whiffle missile. It should be similar to your project.

Tim

Originally posted by cwhittak
Ok, I am sure this is not an original idea, but cant find any postings

Has anyone put up a LightSabre? I was dualing with my son a few weeks ago, when we both decided that we could make one fly. Project is going well, and did a rock-sim on her. Would love some other feedback or success stories.

May the impulse be with you

C:kill:

Could you post the RockSim file so we can get an idea of what you are doing?

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

Originally posted by cwhittak
Has anyone put up a LightSabre? I was dualing with my son a few weeks ago

I just want to know who won. If you're a good father, you cut off his hand... :D

LOL.... Did he jump off whatever you will dueling on after you got his hand? Maybe you should buy him a mechanical one....:D ;)

Lets see a rocsim!:cool: :D ;) ;) :cool:

OK, let me clean up my rocksim, as I made a ton of "what-if" cahnges, and I need to see what version.

I can tell you that it will look cool, and should fly. (?) Although my buddies at CMASS might want to duck on first flight.

Neil, how is your chute business going? You might remember me, I bought a few, you and I took a long recovery walk one day with my son.

I will take a few pics of "Darths Revenge" when she is together, should be cool.

:kill:

Course I remember who YOU are! (took me a while to recognize you from your screen name, though.) My first customer.... :D given any thought to writing an EMRR review? Lalligood wrote one.... ;) I actually have my company listed on EMRR! Maine Model and High power ROcketry!

Well, I cant tell you chute buisness is booming, but I have 5 new sizes out now (18" (I had 3 people ask me for that size last launch.... Now I can awnser them!:D ), 25", 36", 45" and 56". see the thread in the yard sale forum for prices and shroud line counts! LOL... Im such a bad salesman, arent I?). And my aunt fixed our sewing machine while she was here, so I am in parachute mass-production. My dad is making me new, more exact, more durable templates for all my chutes out of mylar (no, its much thicker than parachute mylar. Dont get any ideas.... ;)), thats good... I ran out of big paper. :eek: Plus he has a big plotter machine at his office that he can print them out on. Much more exact than my hand drawn ones. And of course theres april 17.... Theres gonna be some people shredding Estes chutes THERE, im guessing... Talk about a buisness oprotunity! LOL....

LOL. Yeah, that was quite the recovery walk.... Man that creek was cold... :eek: We both managed to get our feet wet jumping over that durned thing...:kill:

Do you have any more motors for your "kids are wild"? Thats quite the paint job.... I wish i could paint like that... I especially liked the paint job on your Stovi.... I just dont see HOW you do that...:cool:

My son has a collection of sabers...16 I think. I wonder if he would miss one...???
My thinking is to leave the (blade) extended...that would be the body as well as the nose....
I guess we cut cut the "handle" to create the motor mount and make room for the laundry...what do you think...???
Fins just forward of the handle...??? Or on the handle...
Clear I guess....
OK...too much fun this hour...LOL

Originally posted by slim_t
Haven't done a light sabre, but I have launched a plastic baseball bat. I call it the whiffle missile. It should be similar to your project.

:D lol that looks great and the launch photo is fantastic.I might have to try and emulate that with a plastic cricket bat:D :D

How do you keep your sabres in such good condition? My son and I go at it so hard we beat the crap out of those plastic blades!

Hehe. I bet he wastes no time in cutting his sons hand off!;) I bet thats how they stay in decent condition. WHat are those little ones? Light daggers?:confused:

I'm not sure...I taught him early that if they get banged up...well...they're banged up...LOL
We fight hard, but we do it some what coreagraphed (sp?)
so that we actually strike... but sorta pull the punch...we worked out several scenes from the movies...So when we fight it looks really cool...he loves doing this in public...
Now that I've taught him this...I have to live with it...LOL

BTW...he's donated one to the cause...
also BTW...the small ones came attached to the early series action figures....same things just smaller scale.when attached to the figure...you use the saber to manuver the action...

Back