Star Trek: The Original Series Set Tour

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn
Reaction score
Star Trek: Original Series Set Tour is Located in Historic downtown Ticonderoga, New York.

When the STAR TREK television series was canceled in 1969, the original sets were dismantled and largely destroyed, only a few small items of the actual sets remain today, and those that have survived are in private collections. Trek superfan James Cawley began the process of rebuilding the sets just as they would have been seen 50 years ago when the series was being filmed, a 14 year journey has culminated in the most accurate rebuild of the original sets, and is now open and welcoming STAR TREK fans from all over the world!

Our sets are complete recreations built using the original blueprints, hundreds of hours of serious research and thousands of photographs – both period images and images culled from extensive review and capture from the original episodes. The sets will NOT and were NOT designed to move from one city to another and are fully licensed by CBS Consumer Products. The Star Trek: Original Series Set Tour Invites you to come see the Desilu Studio as it looked during the years between 1966-1969 while Star Trek was in production.

Visit https://www.startrektour.com/ for more information.

Not to mention the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas but things don't last forever there.

I like how the Desilu prop team went dumpster diving into the Lucille Ball studio to find interesting things they can glue together and spray paint for the sets.

Its a shame that Cawley was forced to shut down his production of episodes. Some of them were pretty good.
Cawley's were half-decent, but "Star Trek Continues" could have and should have been picked up by Paramount and aired on TV.

The sets are AMAZING! I went 2 years ago, I highly recommend any Star Trek fan visit.

ERzQZFEh.jpg

A3t2gnzh.jpg

coSyNpJh.jpg

EAd9h03h.jpg

mUooDYjh.jpg

Vi3ZSzTh.jpg

J1xRuavh.jpg

QDoCWp4h.jpg

GrpuihYh.jpg

Om43yS7h.jpg

JkUDj3mh.jpg

RxQQp8oh.jpg

NDOOJeNh.jpg

v8JWioOh.jpg

23j491nh.jpg

And me in the center seat!

iGJzpIch.jpg

SSAEVzFh.jpg

The sets are all lit as they would be while filming and sound effects are played during the tour.

The feeling walking the sets is hard to explain, I went with 2 long time friends and Trek Fans and all
of us felt the same, It just felt "right".

Only 5 hours' drive from NARAM-62....but to get that far (Geneseo) is 38 hours' drive for me.

Seeing those sets would be amazing. It is clearly a labor of much love.

And as far as I know, James Cawley is not a relative.

By all accounts Cawley is a nice guy, We met him briefly during our visit. When we were there they were working on the Pike era helm, I'm sure they have finished it by now.

One thing that impressed me greatly with the set tour is the attention to detail. They don't look like sets, nothing is done half way. A few times, In engineering and on the bridge, I examined some details very closely and they hold up!
ALL the bridge displays are computer displays, by that I mean they all work and show information. The integration is seamless. All the small displays, the large eye level displays, and the viewscreen are constantly changing. At one point there was a Klingon D-7 approaching on the screen, I expected Kang or Koloth beam over!

I've been to the Science Fiction Museum to see the original set helm and to The Star Trek Experience a few times, both were great, but did not compare to walking the Enterprise, No bloody A,B,C,orD.

It's out of the way in Ticonderoga, but well worth the trip if you are a TOS Fan.

Back