Star Trek Temporary Exhibit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Related to the buzz around Star Trek, the McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center has a temporary ST exhibit in Concord, NH for those of you close enough to make the trek... ( :D )

Details can be found by clicking this link.

I am going to try checking it out this weekend.

Even better if you are in the Detroit area, they have the "Star Trek" exhibit at the Detroit Science center as well as the new Star Trek movie in their IMAX theatre!

cool stuff Jim,

yeah it sounds like a lot of places picked up Star Trek on IMAX the KSC Visitors complex did.

Regarding TARC... Yea, something came up and I had to bail on going to TARC. It's frustrating the heck out of me too... :(

But, my team is going down and I am anxiously awaiting the results of their run for the prize :)

I'm still upset about Paramount's Star Trek auction a ways back... I REALLY wish they had put the stuff on display for a couple of years before auctioning it off:(. Now many items are scattered around the world and will never be together again. I think a pay to enter museum would have made FAR more money in 6 months that the auction made... Heck I woulda flown out to CA AND paid $50 to get in and see it:(.

A uniform, a ship model & a chair....a friggen' CHAIR???

OK, maybe I'm a jaded Chicagoan used to more dramatic museum exhibitions, but still, I know collectors with more interesting stuff than that.

But please report if/when you go, Jim. I have hardcore Trekkie a co-worker whose kids live in NH, and he's visiting them in a few weeks. If indeed there's more to the exhibit than their scintillating website description suggests, he'd be interested in taking a look.

Regarding TARC... Yea, something came up and I had to bail on going to TARC. It's frustrating the heck out of me too... :(

But, my team is going down and I am anxiously awaiting the results of their run for the prize :)

And I was looking forward to seeing you in the official uniform. Now I don't have to bring the camera.

And I was looking forward to seeing you in the official uniform. Now I don't have to bring the camera.

And I was looking forward to ducking out of the way of your camera all weekend...

:D

It's a bummer. On the good side, I will be available to teach my rocketry class Friday (I had canceled that first of 6 classes)

Even better if you are in the Detroit area, they have the "Star Trek" exhibit at the Detroit Science center as well as the new Star Trek movie in their IMAX theatre!

Hey Gordon, do you know how long the exhibit will be there?

Adam,

Both the exhibit and movie will be there until September 7th

More info here:

https://www.detroitsciencecenter.org/StarTrek.html

It is eerie to sit on the bridge, it feels so much like home, but you know that you never were there before.

If anybody has any questions, ask away. I am the Technical Coordinator at the Detroit Science Center.

To answer the obvious question -- Sorry, no discounts!:confused2:

Adam,

Both the exhibit and movie will be there until September 7th

More info here:

https://www.detroitsciencecenter.org/StarTrek.html

It is eerie to sit on the bridge, it feels so much like home, but you know that you never were there before.

If anybody has any questions, ask away. I am the Technical Coordinator at the Detroit Science Center.

To answer the obvious question -- Sorry, no discounts!:confused2:

COOL! I'll be up there in August.

Back