"Star Trek: Picard" now available for free...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And after I paid for CBS All-Access just to watch Picard.

FWIW, I hate Discovery but I am loving Picard, highly recommended by this first-gen Trekkie.

Is it necessary to have watched any of the other Star Treks prior to watching Picard? I've only seen the original series and TNG.

Is it necessary to have watched any of the other Star Treks prior to watching Picard? I've only seen the original series and TNG.

Knowledge of ST: Next Generation is helpful so that you know who some of the characters are. One can always read some of the other shows characters synopsis to fill in the backstory. Wikipedia works well for that.

You'll be fine. I watched most of TNG but certainly didn't have it memorized. There are two or three eps that would be good to remember but not essential ("Measure of a Man", "Best of Both Worlds" (both parts), "I Borg" would do it, I think). And if you watched Voyager you get a treat about halfway into the series.

Last edited:
Agreed that Season 1 was a bit of a mess, but S2 had some sublime moments, especially the Captain Pike stuff. Did you make it to Season 2?
I watched "If Memory Serves" from S2 and it was OK but didn't really grab me. YMMV. Apparently Discovery is free now too BTW.

Elnor.
The name sounds more Elven than Romulan.
He even looks Elven.
And a sword? Against particle beam weapons?
The force must be strong in that one.
Oh, wait.....
STP/LOTR/SW
But he has the best line of the series. Might become a classic:
"My friends, please choose to live"
👍
(BTW Paramount+, formerly CBS All Access has Discovery, Picard and Strange New Worlds so I signed up. Binge watching all three to catch up).

Back