Star Trek Lower Decks

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huxter

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
S1 E10 "No Small Parts"

Captain Freeman: "Do what you do best. I need a dangerous, half baked solution that breaks Starfleet code, and totally pisses me off... That's an order"

Packlets beware....

There's no dedicated thread for STLD. (No, not that kind)

Mostly good things in this series... good series. Would recommend...

Moving thru them rapidly. S2 E2 - : "Kayshon, His Eyes Open"

"Are you tired? Cause you've been Amock, at the race of Natara through my mind all night" ROFFLMAO!

20220830_194637.jpg

S2 E8 -"I, Excretus"!

Funniest episode by far - def made my belly hurt! Damn near ROFL!

Boimler getting his 100% score on the Borg Simulation (Still hurts! LOL w tears!)

... "I Beat the Borg queen in Chess, taught her empathy..."

Attachments

• 20221017_201804.jpg
    20221017_201804.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Lower decks is a lot of fun. They take ST very seriously but aren't afraid to point out the silly bits. Season 2 is probably the best of the 3 unless they do something amazing in 3-9 this week and 3-10 next week.

TrekCulture's "Ups and Downs" about Lower Decks Season 3, Episode 6.

The reviewer is a huge fan of Deep Space 9, and guess where they visit? With a few old faces/voices.

BTW - There will be a cross-over on Strange New Worlds season 2, with Lower Decks' Boimler and Mariner on board the Enterprise. Live-action, NOT animated.

f4DnZD0.jpg

" This crossover event will see Lower Decks voice actors Jack Quaid and Tawny Newsome playing live-action versions of their animated characters Boimler and Mariner alongside Pike, Spock and Uhura on Strange New Worlds."

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-lo...r event will see,Uhura on Strange New Worlds.

Fun Star Trek Lower Decks Fact: In a previous career, I did animation. I was working on a segment for MTV's "Liquid Television" called Autoguard 2000. I needed a lot of help to make my deadline so I pulled a bunch of students from SVA to help out, and one of them was Chris Prynoski -- who's the head of the Titmouse studio that makes this particular show (and a zillion others for Cartoon Network). Of course, that was 4 careers ago, so the entire industry got changed and what I know about animation now is how the dinosaurs did it, with paper and pencil and not fancy Wacom tablets (to think I used to paint cels all the time!).

The crossover will be ultimately cool! :cool:

S2 E9 had a weird Klingon title, but I think it translated to "Wej Duj" ??

This was truly the "Lower Decks" episode of ST Lower Decks!

We got to see 4 different species of "Lower Decks" - Federation, Klingon, Vulcan, and even Pakled lower decks! ROFL! These episodes are very funny every time!

Attachments

• 1666132600938.png
    1666132600938.png
    739.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1666132659949.png
    1666132659949.png
    433.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1666132781909.png
    1666132781909.png
    648.3 KB · Views: 0
Lower decks is a lot of fun. They take ST very seriously but aren't afraid to point out the silly bits.
And this is why we (my wife — a nearly lifelong Trekker — and I) really really like it. We were on the road last week so haven’t seen S3 E8 yet. Tonight, I hope.

And we are so looking forward to seeing Mariner and Boimler on the Enterprise in Strange New Worlds….or however they get them mixed in with SNW.

So far Strange New Worlds has also been quite good, generally. But that’s another thread….

Star-Trek-Lower-Decks-Strange-New-Worlds.jpg

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds & Lower Decks Crossover Will Be A Comedy​

BYBRANDON LOUIS
PUBLISHED 6 DAYS AGO

Famed Star Trek actor and director, Jonathan Frakes, reveals that the Strange New Worlds crossover with Star Trek: Lower Decks, will be a comedy.

Actor and director, Jonathan Frakes, reveals that the Star Trek: Strange New Worlds crossover with the animated series, Star Trek: Lower Decks, will be a comedy. Alex Kurtzman's 2018 rebranding of the long-running multi-generational science-fiction franchise saw the birth of multiple new Star Trek shows for fans of all ages to the adult-oriented animated show, Lower Decks, and the franchise's live-action return to episodic storytelling with Strange New Worlds. Early this year, it was announced that Strange New Worlds season 2 will feature a crossover episode with the animated series, bringing Ensign Beckett Mariner (Tawny Newsome) and Ensign Brad Boimler (Jack Quaid) into live-action while Captain Christopher Pike (Anson Mount) gets the two-dimensional treatment.

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-strange-new-worlds-lower-decks-crossover/

This ST New Worlds episod will be totally awesome! Jonathon Frakes directs - he is quoted as saying:

"It is a flat-out comedy. I got to say, it’s a big swing. But they’re not afraid of big swings. I think that’s one of the reasons this show is so successful, don’t you?"

Looks like it'll come out in 2023 sometime? I wonder how they'll bridge an animated series w ST New Worlds?

S3 E10 - "The Stars at Night"

Apparently ALL California class starships come to help the Cerritos - can anyone name them all?! Boimler names off several dozen starships as they warp in:

El Hembra, San Diego, San Clamente, Sherman Oaks, Fresno, Anaheim, San Fran.... LOL

Apparently ALL California class starships come to help the Cerritos - can anyone name them all?! Boimler names off several dozen starships as they warp in:
And it was ONLY during this moment that I realized that "California" class ships are all named after places in the state of California. So I immediately looked up Cerritos, California in Google Maps.

michi-lds-heaad2.jpg

Well, here's the real result. At the Star Trek: Mission Chicago convention last April, the whole cast was dressed like their characters. This was just 4-5 days after Quaid's Tweet, so it was already well planned, not a spur of the moment reply to a fan's idea (Fan's tweet was the same day).

Read the convention story here, which is where these pics come from.

https://trekmovie.com/2022/04/11/st...sion-chicago-with-cosplay-and-season-3-clues/
michi-lds-crew1.jpg

Last edited:
Still not impressed. It's like the writers hijacked every single Stand-Up Comedian's commentary, added a few obscure callbacks and shipped it.

Back