Star Shark, Design and build progress

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevindcornwell

Magma Mountain Rocketry
Reaction score
My lastest design is coming alive! As I love SCUBA diving, and my local NAR section is the SHARKs (Society for High Altitude Rockets Kids) I decided to scratch-build a namesake rocket. It's technically an MPR, but at 98mm diameter with a 38mm mmt, it is also fully HPR capable as well. 3/32" G10 fins, carbon fiber stringers, with a 56" height. I'll post as I continue progress. Priming should begin this week. One of the innovations is that I'm using a Baffle Vent Valve which is a minimum thickness baffle (1/8") that provides a 'stop' so the chute doesn't shift and mess with the CG, while at the same time providing exhaust particle isolation from the upper compartment of the sustainer. And, for something new, I'm trying to work out putting a Mobius Mini in the nosecone. My Rudy III design (level 1 & 2 cert flights) used a similar technique to mount the radio locator beacon and Alt III flight computer in the nosecone. Maiden flight will be on a G76 (sims to 620') or a G75 (sims to 970') -- as dictated by the wind ;-)StarShark.jpg

Back