Star Gazer Level One

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tazzdevl1

Reaction score
Launched my Public Enemy 3" performer named "Star Gazer" on Saturday 11/05/05 for my NAR Level 1 certification. I used an H123 motor. This was at the November S.E.A.R.S. launch. Thanks to Greg Lane and Keith Stewert for assisting and taking great photos.

The photo gallery for the launch is here:

https://sears572.com/gallery/2005-11-05Pics

That's me on the first page.

Videos are here:

https://sears572.com/gallery/2005-11-05Videos

The flight was flawless. The chrome graphics flashed as the rocket desended under the chute. Great tracking device. I did have to search for quite some time in a wooded swampy area to find it. Found it resting about three off the ground in a small tree.

I LOVE THIS HOBBY!!

Cliff

Nice job on the graphics. Are the letters/stars "stick-on" decal types?

I've got a 3" performer too- it's in primer, waiting for warmer weather for paint. I got the dual deploy version, is yours?

What kind of altitude did that get on the H? What's it weigh?

Oh, and congrats on the L1

N

Originally posted by wingarcher
Nice job on the graphics. Are the letters/stars "stick-on" decal types?

I've got a 3" performer too- it's in primer, waiting for warmer weather for paint. I got the dual deploy version, is yours?

What kind of altitude did that get on the H? What's it weigh?

Oh, and congrats on the L1

N

Thanks wingarcher, the stars on the lower body tube and fins are Monokote Trimsheet. The self adhesive R/C airplane trim. I cut the stars out using a template. The stars and "Star Gazer" logo was made and applied professionally by a local sign and banner shop. Cost me 4 coffees and a dozen doughnuts! The base color is Krylon navy blue. You could see the stars flashing on the way down. Looked really cool.

I have the parts to make it dual deploy. But, I did not use it for this flight. I will use a RRC2 unit when I do.

Rocksim put the alt at a little over 1900'. I'm sure it got to at least that high.

Not sure of the actual weight. Haven't checked it, yet.

Congrats on your successful cert. Welcome to High Power Rocketry now get out your wallet, cerdit cards, and checkbook. I also have a 3" Public Enemy Performer one of my favorite rockets. I flew mine on an I154 for its first flight to 3500 feet great motor and great rocket. You should fly your Performer on the I154 great motor.

Its only 58 dollars for a 3inch Performer so you could probably buy one cheaper then you could build one scratch.

I'll get that Rocksim file posted as soon as I get home this evining.

Here's the Rocksim file as promised. This my first time compiling a Rocksim file on a kit. So, let me know if there are any mistakes or adjustments that need to be made.

Cliff

Back