Star Born RS10?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viciouspeanut

Reaction score
Anyone ever do a build of this? It was before my time but It's such a classically beautiful design, like an old Bellaire.. Main issue would be finding (or having one 3D printed) a rounded transition and nose cone. I'm thinking 4" LOC to 3" LOC tubing. Other than that it looks easy enough - what say you?

2ca00402fe5883414b9c9df6334887e7.jpg

I say, if you flip those fins around so that the outer most leading edge becomes the root edge, you'd have a slick looking fin job. And it probably wouldn't flutter as bad.

Yeah, I would definitely want to make the fins thick ply and fiberglass them. I'm having a difficult time visualizing the switch you mention. I'll have to mess around with it some.

Cool looking rocket, but that nose cone would scare the hell out of me if it came in ballistic.

I think you could make a sufficient transition out of cardstock and some bondo. You could use a standard nose cone and graft on a handmade point. I'd probably make the point out of paper then fiberglass it.

The nose would certainly be the toughest - I suppose it could be turned from wood like some folks do.

Back