Stanley Cup Finals!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetra2

Reaction score
Two words:

GO LIGHTNING!!!!!!!!!

Thanx much for your time. :p :D :D

Jason

If only those dang Devil Rays would wake up. All I recall from the Bucs Superbowl welcome party was the T.V. announcer saying "John Tortarella and the rest of the Lightning, I hope you're watching this..." I will take that as a good omen. Go BOLTS! Beat the Flames!

I'm definately going for the Bolts, we need some new names on that cup! Lecavlier is the man, and Khabibulin is without a doubt the best goalie in the game right now.

Come on boys, get one for Andrewchuck, he needs a ring!

The flames won't be pushovers...

My Devils were out in the first round, but I picked the Flames to go from the west since before the playoffs started. Congrats to the Bolts, should be a good series.

I havent the faintest idea of what they are talking about.

GO BOLTS

Im ready for the game.

David

My 1st two teams bowed out in round 1: Nashville and Ottawa.
But this should be a great SC Finals sereis with the way these 2 teams play...:kill:

Who the heck are the boltS?

If the Bruins arent playing....who cares?

The Bolts would be the Tampa Bay Lightning, as in lightning bolts. Kinda of like how they refer to the NFL's San Diego Chargers as the bolts.

wow thats weird I am a hockey fanatic and I have never heard that term before

Since Detroit is out, I'm kinda leaning towards Tampa Bay. Gotta love them. They've been consistent all season, and I think they've got what it takes. Should be a good series, though.

I'm going for Calgary....mainly the beat the Sharks and the Sharks beat the Avs, plus I like them beating the Red Wings... and they have a few old Avs I still like (Ville Nehmenien).

Go Flames.

Edward

You Know You're A Hockey Fan If.......

1. Your idea of serving breakfast is giving each of your kids a fork and dropping an Egg in the middle of the table.
2. You punish your kids with "minors," "majors," and "misconducts."
3. When you come to a traffic signal and the light turns green, you stop.
4. When you come to a traffic signal and the light turns red, you get really excited and start cheering.
5. You consider the Forum in Montreal a place of worship.
6. You keep a picture of the Stanley Cup in your wallet in front of the picture of your family.
7. Instead of duct tape, you use hockey tape to fix everything.
8. You know the difference between "The Garden," "The Gahden," and "The Gardens."
9. You call a trip to the Hockey Hall of Fame a "pilgrimage."
10. You think the Canadian National Anthem is the theme from "Hockey Night in Canada."
11. You send Gordie Howe a birthday card, yet you can't even remember your own family members' birthdays.
12. All your kids are either named Gordie, Bobby or Wayne.
13. You went to see "West Side Story" because you thought it was about a game between Winnipeg and San Jose.
14. You went into a bank because it advertised "Free Checking"....and walked out disappointed.
15. When someone refers to "The Classics," you think they're talking about the Original Six.
16. Your cure for everything is a couple extra-strength aspirin and a shot of Novocain.
17. You can pronounce anything in French, yet you have no idea what it means.
18. Every time you hear a siren you wonder who scored.
19. You can say "Khabibulin," "Tkachuk," "Jagr," "Leschyshyn" and "Tverdovsky" without getting tongue-tied.
20. Every time you see the name "Roy" you automatically pronounce it "Wah."
21. You're not allowed to play chess simply because the first time you played, you misunderstood the meaning of the word "Check."
22. You think the Four Food Groups are Nachos, Beer, Pretzels and Rubber.
23. Everything in your wardrobe is your team's colors.
24. You still remember which teams were in the Patrick, Smythe, Norris and Adams divisions and which divisions were in the Campbell and Prince of Wales conferences.
25. You know the difference between "The Edmonton Express" and "The Human Express."
26. You refer to your team's enforcers as "chippy players" and you refer to other teams' enforcers as "freaking little pieces of monkey crap."
27. When you're at a game, you're not bothered when your kid cusses but when he says "shutout" before the game is over, you threaten to wash his mouth out with soap.
28. You wonder what Miroslav Satan did to become the Prince of Darkness and Ruler of Hell.
29. You think the proper way to spell the plural of "leaf" is "leafs."
30. You can name all the Sutter brothers in order
31. Your closet is divided into 2 sections, HOME and AWAY

27. When you're at a game, you're not bothered when your kid cusses but when he says "shutout" before the game is over, you threaten to wash his mouth out with soap.

That right there is true. Whenever I have a shutout going, my mom gets nervous in the stands. Whenever someone says it, she yells at the person, and often times they score shortly afterwards. And whenever someone on the ice or bench says it, I get nervous because I know I'll be facing a good shot/move right after I hear it;). People, if your team is winning with a shutout, NEVER SAY THE S WORD!

Yea, I'm a goalie:cool:

Um... Everyones saying "go bolts!", and it looks as though I am dead if I dont too.... ;)

GO BOLTS!

:D ;) I have no idea who I just started rooting for, but I am pretty sure its a hockey team:D ;)

But if the Bs arnt in it, who the heck cares!?:D ;) even though I havent been to a hockey game in 4 years, and havent seen one on TV for 2 years, I still know who the Bruins are!

Otherwise I am ignorant:D

I know of two teams: The Boston Bruins and the Portland Seadogs (not pro.).

I guess it figures that those are the two closest teams to me (I think... ;))

Game 1 final:

Flames 4 Bolts1

Go Flames.... boy they sure remind me of my Devils

Game two will be a much different story, I think. Should be good. And yes, I only hate Calgary because of Adam Foote and Nieminen, and I'm a Detroit fan...:D

Foote's on my Avs;)

Game 2 will be different. Expect Tampa to come out flying.

Originally posted by DPatell
Foote's on my Avs;)

Game 2 will be different. Expect Tampa to come out flying.

I know - I meant Yelle...lol I don't like either of them, so it don't matter, I guess...lol

Originally posted by Loopy
Game two will be a much different story, I think. Should be good.

Woo hoo!! Like I said. Game 2 Final:

Tampa Bay - 4
Calgary - 1

Series tied at 1 game apiece.

Game three, Saturday at 8 in Calgary, where the Flames are known to struggle from time to time. INteresting game to watch - I can't believe how tight the zebra's called the game at the start, and then let anything go in the later part of the game. They said that with like 5 minutes left in the third period they had called something like 90 penalty minutes? And there were still 5 minutes to go in the game!!!! Come on guys - grow up...

Loopy

Go FLAMES!! They have struggled all year at home during these playoffs so it should be interesting to see how they respond.

Tampa Bay Light bulbs, now there's a hockey hotbed. Ice with the consistency of Jell-O, fans who boo incessantly for absolutely no reason and cheer for an off-sides, because they think it's like football and a penalty will ensue. And a coach who cries like a woman. I believe they were dopey enough to blow the air horn like clowns when they scored their first goal in a playoff game to make it 6-1. Clueless. It's been an off year in the great game, and may be next year with the threat of a strike. For the first time in years I'm sayin' Go Canada! And hopefully they won't get stuck behind a funeral procession on the way to the slush palace. Hey Iginla, kick some butt!!

Game Three Results:

Calgary : 3
Bolts : 0

I think Tampa needs to check their battery, more of a fizzle than a lightning bolt.

Edward

I'm seeing this going to game 7. I'm calling Tampa in 7

Originally posted by Chuck Rudy
Tampa Bay Light bulbs, now there's a hockey hotbed. Ice with the consistency of Jell-O, fans who boo incessantly for absolutely no reason and cheer for an off-sides, because they think it's like football and a penalty will ensue. And a coach who cries like a woman. I believe they were dopey enough to blow the air horn like clowns when they scored their first goal in a playoff game to make it 6-1. Clueless. It's been an off year in the great game, and may be next year with the threat of a strike. For the first time in years I'm sayin' Go Canada! And hopefully they won't get stuck behind a funeral procession on the way to the slush palace. Hey Iginla, kick some butt!!

Go Canada? So the Lightning beat the Flyers and now you lose your American pride?! :rolleyes: I suppose there'd be less offense taken if you'd just said "Go Flames!"

Wow...lotta cheap shots at the team and the fans. I'm sorry your Flyers lost to a pack of Light bulbs.

"Shut your yap!" - Coach John Tortorella

Does it have to get nationalistic? Who cares if one team is from Canada and the other is from the USA. This is about the quest for the CUP. The 2 best teams are there and it has been one heck of a series so far. This certainly beats the bad NBA crap out there. Now go Flames!!!!!!!!

Back