St. Louis Rocketry Association launch - Sunday March 12, 2017

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrwalsh85

Reaction score
Hi All,

We are going to try again for a launch at Addieville, IL.

Currently we see some rain in the forecast next week, so we will be in contact with the landowner in regards to launch status. I will keep an ear out for status updates and post here.

Setup starts around 10:00 AM.

We have a new waiver, good to 17,500' AGL.

Pads of all sizes will be available, from 1/8" rods to 1515 rails.

Maximum motor size: Simple N / Complex M (1000' clear radius from launch point)

We ask that you e-mail [email protected] if you are attending, and what you might be flying if possible, and if you have any unique launch needs, and we will see how we can help.

Once I have details on location, I will post it -- I've never been to this site myself.

Right now the weather looks favorable for the launch, but anything can happen. If anything changes, we will try to update this thread as well as the website.

We will not have any vendors at this launch. I believe there will be a porta potty available.

For directions to the field, please PM me or e-mail [email protected]

Instead of having to email someone for directions, why not just post the launch site location so folks can more readily plan ahead???

Have been waiting for the OK to share the location publicly. Just got it.

Location and directions to field:
https://goo.gl/maps/iiqX8sNuySD2

From the St. Louis area:
◾Take I-64 east to IL-177 (Okawville)
◾Turn right onto IL-177 W/E High St
◾After 0.2 miles, turn left onto Hen House Rd
◾After 0.7 miles, turn left onto 5th Street Rd
◾After 1.2 miles, continue onto Hummingbird Rd
◾After 1.3 miles, turn left onto IL-160 S
◾After 3.4 miles, turn right onto Raven Rd
◾Driveway will be 0.4 miles ahead on the right

OK. I'll bite. Its 45 min away so what the heck, why not? Beats driving 3.5 hrs to any of the other clubs in my area.

Is this a Tripoli or NAR launch? Can I fly EX? If so, I'll bring a pair of EX M-motors, maybe an L-motor, and lots of 38mm loads.

Commercial only will severely restrict my ability to fly.

Hey there Sparky!

I was CC'd on your e-mail to the club e-mail, and so you received a response.

FYI - Addieville, IL launches are Research launches, unless otherwise noted.

Also - the farmer of our field took some damage during the most recent storm (this past Tuesday), so we are waiting to hear an update and will keep everyone informed. Please bear with us as this is a new tidbit of information for us.

Thanks,
Mike Walsh

All:

Due to the snow forecast for this weekend, we have decided to cancel the launch planned for Sunday. If we come up with a new date, we will pass it along.

Thanks,
Dan Crank
Secretary, St. Louis Rocketry Association

Back