SSS Rocketry GHS Memorial Launch, 11/4-6 (SW AZ)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonimus

Reaction score
This years GHS Memorial Launch will be at the Salome Emergency Airfield. November 4th through the 6th.

Launch schedule is:
Friday - setup and Class 1 launch
Saturday and Sunday - Class 1 and Class 2 launch, waiver for 8600ft AGL (10000ft MSL) with call-ins to 14600ft AGL (16000ft MSL)

Last edited:
Tony,

It will be great to see you again! You have been dormant for way too long. I will have the flyer posted by Monday. I am hoping to have the hybrid setup up and running for GHS. More to come ......

Guy

Guy! I know. You know how life is, but I assure you I have been working. I will have a functional launch trailer with unistrut for the launch. :grin: There's also big plans for a launch for the Neutral zone involving an L motor and one or two smaller ones...

I've only got 300 feet of Cat-5 for my launcher. Are there any other plans to have a launcher at 500 feet, or do I need to get 200 more feet of cabling?

Last edited:
Tony,

I have two spools of 500ft cat5 that I will bring. Should not be a problem.

GHS Flyer is now out! View attachment 302896

Guy

Attachments

• GHS-2016-Flyer.pdf
    473.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
One week to waivered launches! (6 days if you've got non-HPR stuff)

Temps will range from 60 to 80 all three days with light surface winds. Come on out!

Guy

The big ones are prepped..

DSC_0700crop.jpg

and packed!

DSC_0712crop.jpg

The Blue Moon - Mad Dog 6, not pictured, is going on top of the tent trailer.
Hope to fly 3 J's, 1 K, 2 M's.

Predicted winds aloft at 10k are to the south 7-9mph for all day Saturday. Keep your fingers crossed!
See you there.

Guy

Guy! I know. You know how life is, but I assure you I have been working. I will have a functional launch trailer with unistrut for the launch. :grin: There's also big plans for a launch for the Neutral zone involving an L motor and one or two smaller ones...

I've only got 300 feet of Cat-5 for my launcher. Are there any other plans to have a launcher at 500 feet, or do I need to get 200 more feet of cabling?

That trailer was COOOOOLLLL!

Back